Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5357 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I also have Plantar F.

How do you alleviate the pain. Do you also wrap it? I am getting to the point that I can't get any more cortisone shots.

Any advice would be appreciated.!!

My son keeps golf balls in the freezer and rolls the soles/heels of his feet on them when his PF flares up. We had a mechanic at work who suffered with it and went to the doctor, who told him to do the same thing.

  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I also have Plantar F.

How do you alleviate the pain. Do you also wrap it? I am getting to the point that I can't get any more cortisone shots.

Any advice would be appreciated.!!

My son keeps golf balls in the freezer and rolls the soles/heels of his feet on them when his PF flares up. We had a mechanic at work who suffered with it and went to the doctor, who told him to do the same thing.

^^^^^^^ +1.. Also have used a frozen water bottle.

Posted

I also have Plantar F.

How do you alleviate the pain. Do you also wrap it? I am getting to the point that I can't get any more cortisone shots.

Any advice would be appreciated.!!

My son keeps golf balls in the freezer and rolls the soles/heels of his feet on them when his PF flares up. We had a mechanic at work who suffered with it and went to the doctor, who told him to do the same thing.

Thanks for the advise. boyinr told me the same thing!

My question is: Is this considered doctoring the golf ball so I will be penalized when I use that same golf ball in a tournament? :smachhead:

Posted

Very Dangerous? Hardly. Keeping your arm pressed against your side exposes your elbow to the pitch. In my stance, with the crook of my arm facing the pitch, my elbow is not exposed at all. I have taken quite a few shots there and trust me, shot to the bone on the outside of your elbow hurts a hell of a lot worse than a pitch hitting my bicep or the meat part of my forearm.

Not being able to umpire as much as I want because my knees give out is a hell of a lot more dangerous to my family and mental health than my plate stance.

Whatever.

What you described--locking your arms and resting your weight on those locked arms--is dangerous and you shouldn't be advising other umpires to try it.

Some don't like to rely so heavily on sheer luck like you do.

Posted

I have taken quite a few shots there and trust me, shot to the bone on the outside of your elbow hurts a hell of a lot worse than a pitch hitting my bicep or the meat part of my forearm.

Absolutely! But the issue is much worse when it hits the forearm! With your elbows back, the bone on your forearm is pointed forward, making it a great target! When your arm is locked all the energy is transferred to it, if its not locked then the arms moves and the energy is not transferred to a bone or muscle. It's that "give" that can save you from an injury! One of the breaks in my arm was from a similar situation, I was bracing myself on the ground after I slid back to first on a pick off attempt and the ball hit my arm and broke it. If I hadn't had the weight on it that wouldn't have happened.


×
×
  • Create New...