Look what I found ??

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4641 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

In the spirt of full disclosure. When I first got serious about umpiring my gear was a package of All Star gear. In that package was a pair of All Star LP11 shin guards that never fit me right and for three seasons I lived with them. One day about a year and half ago, I emailed Brad about modifying those and that is how the relationship got started. I have been a fan of the All-Star soft shell CP's and I think that thier masks are second to none because of the testing that they perform and publish online. I tested the LG2000 with a thought that I might not like them. Okay, now that All Star has posted the new LG2000 on the website I can comment and provide a review.

I got the LG2000's at the same time as the CPU4000 and wore them as a set for about 10 or so games. This was long enough to form some opinions and give some feedback that I hope was useful. The new design is low profile and these are not nearly as bulky as my Wilson Platinum or the Honigs K2010 that have worn in the past, The padding is not pillow-like soft and thick but thinner and more firm. The thinner padding means more ventilation/air flow and these were not as hot as the other ones mentioned. The interior padding is removable and washable. I would thnk it will available as a replacement part in the future. The Delta Flex harness on the SG is great but, It seemed to take some playing to get them adjusted just right. With 4 attachment points these do not move around when you run. Coverage on the top of the knees and sides of the shin are great. I think that thle ankle protection will be different on the production model as on the prototype this was not as protective as it could be. The toe plate is easily removable (not so on the Wilsons). I wear the NB450 MK and the 17" model worked well with them. During my evaIuation period I only took a couple of shots and but, did not feel a thing. The performance of these gave me every confidence that they are solid and dependable. Overall these are a winner as is the the CPU-4000 and if you are in the market for a new pair of shin guards I highly recommend these.

No ankle plates.... thats a deal breaker for me :( I really need those ankle plates.

I like that knee protection but I get hit in those ankles like you wouldn't imagine...

Please All-Star, give me ankle plates....

I believe they'll be there at production time.... I think ..........

that said though, there are ankle protectors, but it's fairly thin and not as hard as we'd like ...but again, ...like Slo said, I believe they're coming production w/ harder thicker plates and a re-adjustment on the last strap to keep them at your ankles so they don't flare 'out' .......

No ankle plates.... thats a deal breaker for me :( I really need those ankle plates.

I like that knee protection but I get hit in those ankles like you wouldn't imagine...

Please All-Star, give me ankle plates....

I believe they'll be there at production time.... I think ..........

that said though, there are ankle protectors, but it's fairly thin and not as hard as we'd like ...but again, ...like Slo said, I believe they're coming production w/ harder thicker plates and a re-adjustment on the last strap to keep them at your ankles so they don't flare 'out' .......

Believe me, I'm not going to flare out. I'm just waiting for the CP to come out. I already bought an MVP bucket and fell in love with it. If the rest of the System 7 line is as good as the MVP, I'll be covered head to toe in All Star gear.

I hope you are right about the ankle plates :)

I concur with everything the other guys had to say on the new shins. Brad from all star acted like more ankle protection would be coming. Very comfortable shin guard to wear. Delta strap is great. They will be my number 1's nextbseason.

I would love a tool or a strap to keep the ankle plates from flaring out. While it's not a huge issue, it annoys me. So if they can include something in there that could fix it and not be a big PITA, that would be awesome

Johnny, I think the intent is to change the lower strap buckle location for production so it comes down low and keeps it from flaring. Your'e dead on with that description .... not a huge issue, but annoying!.

I agree w/ Slo, ...I'm under the impression too that the ankles will be 'beefed' up, ...along w/ the strap location! :meditation: