Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5501 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 1 month later...
Guest trippgibson
Posted

I thought I would add this on the forum. My buddy actually has two nike masks available. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Titanium-Catchers-Umpire-Mask-/280738345333?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415d4f3175#ht_500wt_1156

Also, I can get the Japanese Mizuno masks from my buddy who lives in Tokyo. He is a minor league umpire and former Japanese Professional Umpire. Let me know if you are interested. I will try and get a price to find out what he can do.

Posted

I thought I would add this on the forum. My buddy actually has two nike masks available. http://www.ebay.com/...5#ht_500wt_1156

Also, I can get the Japanese Mizuno masks from my buddy who lives in Tokyo. He is a minor league umpire and former Japanese Professional Umpire. Let me know if you are interested. I will try and get a price to find out what he can do.

What about Mizuno plate shoes?

Posted

Does anyone know someone who uses this mask? What has been their experience with it?

I have looked at a couple, it's really hard to pry them out of the hands of D1 F2's to look at them!

Is it really worth our time and $$$ to buy and use it?

Posted

What mizuno mask is it? Is there somewhere I can get a picture? Thanks

it's been reported that the Mizuno and Nike mask look almost identical, ....without the price! :)

Posted

What mizuno mask is it? Is there somewhere I can get a picture? Thanks

it's been reported that the Mizuno and Nike mask look almost identical, ....without the price! :)

I do think that is the case. I think there are several MLB catchers that are under contract by Mizuno but are using a Nike frame with Mizuno pads ( Brian McCann is one)

brian-mccann.jpg

There are a few different Mizuno's out there. The Titanium with is about $350 US looks like this: 2qa110.gif

Then there is the other hats around $150 that looks like this: Some get it with out the built in throat guard and add the spider throat guard:img56534251.gif


×
×
  • Create New...