Trivia II

mstaylor
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5445 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 teams

162 games/team * 15 = 2430 games

I head rumor that the Phillies club house guy rubs 7 dozen per game (84 for those of you from the new math generation)

..... 2330(games) * 84 (baseballs) = 204120 baseballs or 17010 dozen per year

Which begs the question: why would ANYONE at a ballpark risk breaking their hand catching a foul ball when they can go to the club's store while attending a game and buy a "used" baseball? Just thinking out loud.

30 teams

162 games/team * 15 = 2430 games

I head rumor that the Phillies club house guy rubs 7 dozen per game (84 for those of you from the new math generation)

Nerd. I think he should be disqualified since he listens to rumors and knows how to do math.

Nerd.

Your gone. Get off my field. You made it personal. :jerkit:

For the record, I'm a computer person so I scoured the Internet, found a quote from some guy who rubs balls for a living for the Phllies, and did the math using Windows Calculator. :clap::HD:

Oh, and before you can return to the field to do games you're required to officiate (in full gear) 5 t-ball games w/o any GLMs present.

Edited by therefump

2 things

30 teams

162 games/team * 15 =2430 games

math error??

For the record, I'm a computer person so I scoured the Internet, found a quote from some guy who rubs balls for a living for the Phllies, and did the math using Windows Calculator. :clap::HD:

glad you found what you are looking for

:)

2 things

math error??

glad you found what you are looking for

:clap:

Nah, two reasons:

1) Seeing if you're paying attention

2) transposition error (copying for those of you in California)

3) I'm never wrong, I just reserve the right to change my mind (quote from the ex-wife)

Damn, now I'm acting like a coach. Can't count, can't list, etc.

Oh, and before you can return to the field to do games you're required to officiate (in full gear) 5 t-ball games w/o any GLMs present.

Well, at least, I still won't look like these guys.

The answer according to the article it is 900,000. :clap: It seems high to me but that was the quote. It also tracked an inning during the research and on an inning with neither team scoring they used 13 baseballs.

The answer according to the article it is 900,000. :jerkit: It seems high to me but that was the quote. It also tracked an inning during the research and on an inning with neither team scoring they used 13 baseballs.

Ok, Mr. Math back here again:

So, 900k baseballs@ $14.95 = $13,455,000.00 PLUS s/h

Anyone care to share their game fees w/MLB?:clap:

Question: were 13 baseballs used for the FULL inning or just the 1/2 inning?

Which begs the question: why would ANYONE at a ballpark risk breaking their hand catching a foul ball when they can go to the club's store while attending a game and buy a "used" baseball? Just thinking out loud.

I saw a guy from my company ruin a nice suit scrumming around on the cement for a foul ball with some kids......all for a $9 baseball......:agasp_:

(offsite business meeting.....12:35pm PNC Park...)