MLB Ejection 124: Bob Davidson (4; Brad Miller)

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3592 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

HP Umpire Bob Davidson ejected Mariners shortstop Brad Miller for arguing a strike three call in the bottom of the 4th inning of the Athletics-Mariners game. With one out and none on, Miller took a 2-2 changeup from Athletics pitcher Jesse Chavez for a called third strike. Replays indicate the...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

HP Umpire Bob Davidson ejected Mariners shortstop Brad Miller for arguing a strike three call in the bottom of the 4th inning of the Athletics-Mariners game. With one out and none on, Miller took a 2-2 changeup from Athletics pitcher Jesse Chavez for a called third strike. Replays indicate the...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

Gil ...

your description of this strike says ......"inner half" of the plate .......... 

Do you know what Brad said to Bob? You sound like the commentators!

I don't know what was said, and for all I know the player said magic words. And I don't know what history, if any, these two have going. Fine.

You must admit, though, that Davidson has a knack for making himself look bad, starting with his personal appearance. That's not everything, but it's not nothing, either.

• Like 2

Do you know what Brad said to Bob? You sound like the commentators!

I don't know what was said, and for all I know the player said magic words. And I don't know what history, if any, these two have going. Fine.

You must admit, though, that Davidson has a knack for making himself look bad, starting with his personal appearance. That's not everything, but it's not nothing, either.

Here's the bottom line ......... and please, correct me if I'm wrong ..........BUT .......

Whatever Brad said wasn't enough to get him rung up immediately......

Here's the bottom line ......... and please, correct me if I'm wrong ..........BUT .......

OK, I'll correct you: if a player turns and says to an umpire, "you're horseshït," he gotta go.

There are magic words in MLB, and everyone knows them.

OK, I'll correct you: if a player turns and says to an umpire, "you're horseshït," he gotta go.

There are magic words in MLB, and everyone knows them.

maven, please ....... I think I know that ..........

take a look at :55 ........Miller turns and smiles, ......his lips don't move (I'm not saying he DIDN'T say anything) ......I'm saying I don't see him saying anything else ..... he's being chased, and he's gone when he turns and smiles .... it's a perception thing

• Like 1

If Greg Gibson were to eject Rulekeep's favorite Mariner, I think her head would explode...

He did it in 2003.

Smoak's on the DL.

And, I'm sorry, but for the most part Greg Gibson doesn't chase players and eject them for shaking their head or just a little complaining.

post-2861-0-37148200-1405375558_thumb.jp

And Brad Miller never argues with umpires, never. Especially not Bob Davidson.

IMHO he needs to retire again and let Tripp Gibson or David Rackley into the ranks.

Maybe you should write him a letter and tell him that!

And Brad Miller never argues with umpires, never. Especially not Bob Davidson.

IMHO he needs to retire again and let Tripp Gibson or David Rackley into the ranks.

Maybe you should write him a letter and tell him that! Maybe I will, Ted Barrett told me how!