The clip is BACK!!!

Chris Hickman
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4825 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

It's funny, the website says, "Mask no longer getting dirty from being laid down on the field." Has anyone ever seen an umpire that is taken seriously drop his mask to make lineup changes? This clip must be marketed to unprofessional umpires looking for a way to look even more absurd.

"Taken seriously" is subjective. I've seen umpires that are "taken seriously" in their own minds who lay their mask down all the time. While the pitcher is warming up between innings, during mound visits, while recording substitutions, and my favorite....during the plate meeting.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one of these!!!! and i love it!!!! except i call it my left hand

If i saw this on a field i would be scared first he has that stupid clip, second he has a long sleeve under a short sleeve, I don't like even though I used to, but i have learned and I dont do it anymore.

And being a young gun i used to think the sun visor was "cool" and "slick" looking. but when i was doing high school ball a lot of the older guys told me to take it off and i haven't missed it since.

If i saw this on a field i would be scared first he has that stupid clip, second he has a long sleeve under a short sleeve, I don't like even though I used to, but i have learned and I dont do it anymore.

And being a young gun i used to think the sun visor was "cool" and "slick" looking. but when i was doing high school ball a lot of the older guys told me to take it off and i haven't missed it since.

Nothing wrong with a sun shield. I have one on both my masks. I think they are "cool" and I am older than dirt!

Nothing wrong with a sun shield. I have one on both my masks. I think they are "cool" and I am older than dirt!

I don't have a problem with guys that use a sun screen, I just have a need for them. I wear an eight seam behind the plate so it would completely block the screen anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

That's the most unobvious West Vest chest protector I've ever seen to go with that mask, blue ball bags, and plate shoes.

Look's like he is writing a hall pass for that coach.

Guess those in CA need this, but I will politely decline.

Watch out what you say about Umpires in CA :tantrum: