Season accomplishments?

mazzamouth
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5459 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

So did anyone have any season accomplishments?... Postseason games, maybe moving up to a higher level of ball....

For me I got asked to work the NAIA Conference tournament in our area, and got the Dish for the Championship game..( made me feel good as to a season of hard work).. And then i thought i was done and got asked to work games at the regional NAIA Tournament, once again got the Dish for that Championship game...and then to top it off Im working my 1st D-I games this weekend, Even though they are non-con games still dont matter to me.

I feel i have worked hard, I read the rules and CCA a ton, and I come on this site, and umpire.org and read and learn alot from fellow guys on here. So i owe some thanks to the fellow ump's on here as well.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congradulations on your assignments. It's always good when your hard work is recognized. I was happy to just get out and work a few games after my health issues. I did get a couple of play-off games, which is more than I expected.

Congrats, mazza, and you too, mstaylor. I was moved up to Varsity this year, and worked the majority of the regular season on Varsity assignments, with all being 5A or 4A (the largest classifications in my state). I also worked a couple district JV games, and was offered the 1A state championships through the champ game, but was only able to work the first 2 games due to a prior commitment. My assigner was happy with my performance, and I got a lot of compliments from coaches, so I think I can only go up from here as I get more exposure, and more people that matter get to know me. I am continuing my training this weekend with my second Evans clinic in the past 8 months, so I am looking forward to that, then getting the Legion season started.

Overall, I've had a pretty successful season so far, but still feel I have a lot more to learn and practice on.

So did anyone have any season accomplishments?... Postseason games, maybe moving up to a higher level of ball....

For me I got asked to work the NAIA Conference tournament in our area, and got the Dish for the Championship game..( made me feel good as to a season of hard work).. And then i thought i was done and got asked to work games at the regional NAIA Tournament, once again got the Dish for that Championship game...and then to top it off Im working my 1st D-I games this weekend, Even though they are non-con games still dont matter to me.

I feel i have worked hard, I read the rules and CCA a ton, and I come on this site, and umpire.org and read and learn alot from fellow guys on here. So i owe some thanks to the fellow ump's on here as well.

Hey, a big congrats to you. Sounds like someone is watching over you in a good way. :angel4:

We picked up an independent league this year and myself and a few others were selected to umpire their games (HS Varsity). Excellent league since it's a) independent and B) $25k per year to attend these prep schools. :wow:

There was lots of talent (recruited) and one that sticks out is a lefty throwing in the low 90s, bats/throws left, etc. First time I've ever seen scouts at a regular HS game. Nice kid to boot.

Bottom line, a regular season sprinkled with some excellent baseball at the HS level. Nice that we who were selected represented our chapter.:clap:

Congrats, mazza, and you too, mstaylor. I was moved up to Varsity this year, and worked the majority of the regular season on Varsity assignments, with all being 5A or 4A (the largest classifications in my state). I also worked a couple district JV games, and was offered the 1A state championships through the champ game, but was only able to work the first 2 games due to a prior commitment. My assigner was happy with my performance, and I got a lot of compliments from coaches, so I think I can only go up from here as I get more exposure, and more people that matter get to know me. I am continuing my training this weekend with my second Evans clinic in the past 8 months, so I am looking forward to that, then getting the Legion season started.

Overall, I've had a pretty successful season so far, but still feel I have a lot more to learn and practice on.

WOW congrats to you as well...keep in mind to work better baseball it will only help you in the long run.. Keep up the good work.