Plate Shoes Sizes

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 392 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Hi everyone, looking for some advice. Looking for some plate shoes. Not much options up here in Canada, and anything I get, I need to order online. I currently wear NB shoes, size 12 4E. I was looking for a pair of New Balance MUL460v3 shoes mostly because I thought I would have the best chance to a proper size (I can return but have to pay shipping). Also, I read good things about them. However, there doesn't appear to be a pair of size 12 4E in Canada. But, there is a size 12 4E in the 3N2 Plate shoe however. Does anyone have experience wearing both brands and can compare the sizing? Or how the NB Plate shoes compare in size to regular NB shoes? Thanks. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

On 4/2/2023 at 9:14 PM, mikefromcanada said:

Hi everyone, looking for some advice. Looking for some plate shoes. Not much options up here in Canada, and anything I get, I need to order online. I currently wear NB shoes, size 12 4E. I was looking for a pair of New Balance MUL460v3 shoes mostly because I thought I would have the best chance to a proper size (I can return but have to pay shipping). Also, I read good things about them. However, there doesn't appear to be a pair of size 12 4E in Canada. But, there is a size 12 4E in the 3N2 Plate shoe however. Does anyone have experience wearing both brands and can compare the sizing? Or how the NB Plate shoes compare in size to regular NB shoes? Thanks. 

Id check out the Mizunos and try 12.5

On 4/2/2023 at 8:06 PM, tpatience said:

Whatever you do, don’t get 3n2. You’ll thank me later 

Absolutely this.  I used the 3n2 plate shoes all last year and was constantly battling trying to put in shoe inserts, wear extra socks/etc, and they were super painful after only a game or two.

I did a 3-pack the first time with the Mizunos I grabbed on ebay (shipped from Japan was cheaper than the US side vendors!), and my feet were great!  The arch is a little high on them for me, but that didn't bother me more than the first few minutes, and my feet felt great after.