Force3 Defender V3

BT_Blue
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 691 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

I don't see this question yet (or could be that it is just buried in the 3 dozen unread topics in my list), but has anyone gotten their hot little hands on a Defender V3? If you have, thoughts?

Didn't even know there was a V3 .... 

2 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Didn't even know there was a V3 .... 

Maybe I am wrong. According to the link on their website, it is still a v2. But it mentions using a "chrome alloy construction" and the mask weighing 17 ounces. That would be only 2 ounces more than a fully loaded All Star FM4k MAG.

I seem to remember the v2 coming in at around 21 ounces with the v1 at 24 ounces. 

18 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

Maybe I am wrong. According to the link on their website, it is still a v2. But it mentions using a "chrome alloy construction" and the mask weighing 17 ounces. That would be only 2 ounces more than a fully loaded All Star FM4k MAG.

I seem to remember the v2 coming in at around 21 ounces with the v1 at 24 ounces. 

Are they on V3 for the HSM, maybe?

22 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Are they on V3 for the HSM, maybe?

🤷 who knows. But like I said. I thought the v2 standard mask clocked in at around 21oz. If they are saying 17oz now. That should qualify is a whole new version of this rig.

14 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

The v2 was 27oz!? If that is the case and website is correct, the new version is almost a full pound lighter!

By the way, what website are you referring to?  I'm on Force3 and don't see anything like that listed

5 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

Thought I shared the link earlier but guess I didn't. It is directly from the "traditional mask" page on tge Force3 website. 

https://www.force3progear.com/defender-mask-v2.html

Ok, I only see info that says 27 oz and zero info on something that's 'coming soon'