Smitty Polo Blue FInally Arrive?

kcfan102
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4725 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, I think Smitty has released a "polo" blue shirt!

http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/purchaseofficialsupplies/-strse-1233/ST-dsh-5131-CB/Detail.bok

"Carolina Blue color matches the uniform worn in many college conferences and the Major Leagues."

Who wants to be the first one to order to confirm?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it does appear to be the Majestic and Honig's color. It probably is a polo since they still carry what they call the MLB Powder with the black collar. I personally prefer the powder color on the GD and Smitty to the dustier color that Majestic and Honig's has used, but I make sure I also carry my Majestic with me to make sure I match my partner.

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, I think Smitty has released a "polo" blue shirt!

http://stores.intuit...1-CB/Detail.bok

"Carolina Blue color matches the uniform worn in many college conferences and the Major Leagues."

Looks like it, doesn't it !! :)

Who was the guy on here that contacted Smitty about this ??? Maybe he could email his contact to confirm??

Looks like it, doesn't it !! :)

Who was the guy on here that contacted Smitty about this ??? Maybe he could email his contact to confirm??

Original thread...

http://umpire-empire.com/index.php/topic/3164-smitty-polo-blue/page__p__35103__hl__%2Bsmitty+%2Bshirts__fromsearch__1#entry35103

I would like some sort of confirmation before I order one....I love my Smitty shirts. However, Honig's new material is decent as well, not as stretchy, but better than their old material.

How 'bout we all boycott all light blue shirts, no matter the shade?

'cmon now what wrong with the light blue shirts?

First, they're ugly. It's an awful color, that I wouldn't wear on the street, office or golf course. I've got 25-30 Adidas Climacool golf shirts in my closet, and not one is baby blue.

Plus, they make the, um, er, husky guys look even huskier. Not a flattering shade of blue.

Add in that new, hidious design that Majestic put on the MLB knuckleheads, and this should sound the death knell once and for all to light blue.

WHAT SAY WE, MEN!?

So, when I partner with kylejt and bikerider, I will not be wearing blue. :hi5:

To each their own I guess, I like the "polo" blue. It is the Navy I dislike.

And as far as making the husky guys look huskier...as for me, it has no bearing on the color of shirt I am wearing.

My belly and big frame makes me look husky. :cheers:

<br />
<br />I just returned a defective Polo Blue Ump-Attire Ultimate, no plans to replace it.  I have joined the revolution!<br />
<br /><br />What was wrong with it?<br />
<br /><br /><br />wore it for 3 plate games, the fabric had picks all over it, have never had this happen with other shirts.

I would rather wear light blue than Navy. I hate the navy shirt. I have been wearing it since 1997 and refuse to wear it.

+1 I dislike the navy shirt. Unfortunately that is what they tell the new guys to buy navy. I work games with lots of new guys so I get stuck wearing navy.

Our association is the same way. That is the nice thing about selling officials wear. I usually get the new guys to at least buy navy and powder blue w/ the black collar. I usually wear cream or black. I even bring extras just in case ;)

Yes, Smitty has released the Carolina Blue that match the shade of blue for MLB and NCAA<
Hi Frick, can you substantiate your findings or tell us your source ? Thanks...
http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/purchaseofficialsupplies/-strse-1233/ST-dsh-5131-CB/Detail.bok

Geez, it's just a shirt, why the CIA interrogation about substantiating info or supplying sources?

Yes, Smitty has released the Carolina Blue that match the shade of blue for MLB and NCAA<

Geez, it's just a shirt, why the CIA interrogation about substantiating info or supplying sources?

Relax bikerider, ...just because it says Carolina Blue doesn't mean it "IS". Kind of like the OC's charcoal pants really aren't charcoal, see what I mean? Therefore, you're just confirming what your'e getting so you don't have to ship something back that wasn't what you wanted. A question does not determine an 'interrogation' :question1:

OK, ...I just had a nice email convo with the people at Purchase Officials, ..not only did they confirm the color, but ......here is an exerpt:

Yes this is their newest shirt. They didn’t bring many in this year because they weren’t able to get their stock in earlier enough. So once we are sold out they will be unavailable until next January. Purchase Officials Supplies

1947 W. Market St. #111

Akron, OH 44313

800-767-2233

support@purchaseofficials.com

http://ohio.purchaseofficials.com

I agree. I'm a big fan of people finding their own solutions. I'm in no need for a new Polo Blue shirt, so I'm not going to buy it. I'll wait for others to buy it first and give their observations. Pause, Read, React. Don't confront.

I agree. I'm a big fan of people finding their own solutions. I'm in no need for a new Polo Blue shirt, so I'm not going to buy it. I'll wait for others to buy it first and give their observations. Pause, Read, React. Don't confront.

You're a big fan of people finding their own solutions.....but you're going to wait until others get the shirt and give their observations??? :HS

Let me add to this just a little: What's with the "questioning" lately of people asking questions about equipment ?? I thought THIS was THE place for us equipment junkies, yes? And why not find out all you can before you spend your hard earned money?:shrug:

My comment to Frick about asking about his sources was not meant to be demeaning or rude, (apology to Frick if it came across this way) but it was asked for anyone on this site who likes Smitty shirts (and I know there are quite a few)...and for those who like to cut down on hassle, and save a little money. But, ...I'm not sure there are many of those people here?!:angel4:

Yep. Sometimes you just have to sit back and wait for others to buy the shirt and give their impressions, instead of jumping on someone CIA-style. But if you desperately need to know if they match, like right now right NOW RIGHT NOW!! then go buy a shirt yourself.

"jumping on someone CIA style?" I thought I explained myself a little better. Did you not read my response above? Hey , ..whatever makes you happy.

My attempt at clarification was to prevent someone from spending money BEFORE they had information, thus to help 'save' someone some time, and hard earned dough.

With a little digging and asking questions, you can find out without buying. But, I digress...

Typical umpire.org style stuff .... nicely done :jerkit:

Thunderheads - while I like new gear as much as the next guy, I'm not going to get excited because Smitty (who makes fine shirts, I own several) brings to market a product that has been out there from other sources for years. My comment was more towards the 'style' of your question, it's not like this is an obscure rules interp that someone has made up that requires validation. No one took your question personally, so there's no need to be so defensive because someone takes exception to something you post.

Thunderheads - while I like new gear as much as the next guy, I'm not going to get excited because Smitty (who makes fine shirts, I own several) brings to market a product that has been out there from other sources for years. My comment was more towards the 'style' of your question, it's not like this is an obscure rules interp that someone has made up that requires validation. No one took your question personally, so there's no need to be so defensive because someone takes exception to something you post.

Understood, that's why I clarified and apologized for it coming across the wrong way. I don't mind when someone takes exception to what I post, ...it was the 'style' of the exception ;)

It's all good. I guess I'll just think twice before posting something I guess .... :bang: