Low mask harnesses

Scissors
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1026 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I know the icon/nike frames are very popular here so thought I would ask. I'm using the stock icon harness which works for me, but it sits very low on my head to the point it is uncomfortable on my ears. Same with my FM25, so I moved the harness to the ear guards which works fine. Any tips for bringing a harness up when there are no other attachment points?

3 hours ago, Scissors said:

I know the icon/nike frames are very popular here so thought I would ask. I'm using the stock icon harness which works for me, but it sits very low on my head to the point it is uncomfortable on my ears. Same with my FM25, so I moved the harness to the ear guards which works fine. Any tips for bringing a harness up when there are no other attachment points?

Tape! In particular, athletic tape!

Someone had randomly put it on the Rawlings I bought some time back under where the straps would go. Ill try and remember to take a photo for you when I get the chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BT_Blue said:

Tape! In particular, athletic tape!

Someone had randomly put it on the Rawlings I bought some time back under where the straps would go. Ill try and remember to take a photo for you when I get the chance.

Good idea, I'll try that

3 minutes ago, Scissors said:

Good idea, I'll try that

It doesn't take much if you look at it. Now, mind you, I dont know how old this tape is. But it is a GREAT idea for something like this. Wish I had known about it when I had my Nike because it drove me nuts as well coming from a Diamond. 

20210604_211104.jpg

20210604_211111.jpg

20210604_211118.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/4/2021 at 10:21 PM, FranklinT said:

I always liked attaching them to the outer bars.  I don’t care how it looks but understand some might be turned off by it.

B70FE862-5102-4ACD-A865-F388998EFDFE.jpeg

85D085CA-964D-4BBC-A56D-D27E5F5FA523.jpeg

I've tried it in the past. Never got used to it.