Just learned of the passing of fellow umpire and UE member John Dowdy today. John was a Little League umpire for many years in Southern California and was a LL World Series umpire in 2015. I believe he worked out of D62 in Orange County, CA.Went by johnpatrick here on UE.

Terrific guy and a great volunteer. He taught at Western Region for years and touched many lives. I had the pleasure of attending pro school with him in 2015, just prior to his world series.

RIP my friend. You will be missed but not forgotten.

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, JonnyCat said:

Just learned of the passing of fellow umpire and UE member John Dowdy today. John was a Little League umpire for many years in Southern California and was a LL World Series umpire in 2015. I believe he worked out of D62 in Orange County, CA.Went by johnpatrick here on UE.

Terrific guy and a great volunteer. He taught at Western Region for years and touched many lives. I had the pleasure of attending pro school with him in 2015, just prior to his world series.

RIP my friend. You will be missed but not forgotten.

He was originally from D62 but was most recently the assistant UIC for D55 which is where I started. He was my first mentor and he really put me on the path that I am on now. He will be missed 

So for those of you who are in the area... we will be hosting a remembrance of John next month. Per his request, he specifically asked for no memorial "I find them morbid" was his exact words. John was a long time umpire, in several districts,. He was the district UIC for CA 62 as well as 55 and was an all around great guy. His passing has been a complete shock to our group, to say the least. Please feel free to pass the gathering information on to anyone you think would like to join us.

January 15th, 6:30pm. Old World Village, 7561 Center Ave, Huntington Beach, CA 92647. We will be meeting in the main hall.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM or email me, cmnllblue@gmail.com

Thanks - Kevin

• Like 1