Trips to mound

Mr Umpire
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5529 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Let's see if I can get a better answer here.

Quote from other site:

"Those trips can be uses all in one half inning, even on the same batter."

I know in the OBR, the defensive coach can only call Time once during a batter's at bat. If they try more than once, they should be informed that they cannot do that. And, if they insist on doing it, the coach will be informed that he has been ejected and after that pitcher finishes the current batter, the defense has to get another pitcher out there because his day is done, if I am remembering all of that correctly. Is it any different for Fed, since I do not do Fed rules?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In FED A coach will get 3 "Free" defensive trips. His trip will remain "free" if he pulls his pitcher. He is charged a trip if the coach leaves empty handed. Then on his 4th and each following trip he MUST pull his pitcher.

A coach can visit as frequently as he wants so he could use all of his trips in one inning and then be forced to pull his pitcher every trip thereafter.

If the game goes extra innings any remaining trips from the first 7 go away and they get 1 free defensive trip per inning. These extra trips do not accumulate.

Hope this helps.

I asked this b/c this is so contradicting to OBR. Also, thank you to both of you for actually giving me a responsive answer. I received the same responsive answer from UmpJm with his answer on the other site after I posted it here. And, I appreciated that as well. It took him to actually answer after I got some stupid remark from another poster and seem to continue to get them from another poster as well.

I guess this site does prove to be better with the type of umpires who actually care to help others and not just be smart(or should I say stupid) with them. When, they are actually asking a legitimate question.

Edited by Mr Umpire

I asked this b/c this is so contradicting to OBR. Also, thank you to both of you for actually giving me a responsive answer. I received the same responsive answer from UmpJm with his answer on the other site after I posted it here. And, I appreciated that as well. It took him to actually answer after I got some stupid remark from another poster and seem to continue to get them from another poster as well.

I guess this site does prove to be better with the type of umpires who actually care to help others and not just be smart(or should I say stupid) with them. When, they are actually asking a legitimate question.

I'm curious about the contradicting. There are a couple of differences that I am aware:

1. can't have a conference 2x during same at bat
  2. Pitcher must leave if 2 in an inning

Are there more differences than that?

:confused:

I'm curious about the contradicting. There are a couple of differences that I am aware:

1. can't have a conference 2x during same at bat
  2. Pitcher must leave if 2 in an inning

Are there more differences than that?

:confused:

In OBR, the DC can only visit once on the same batter. If he tries to call Time twice for the same batter, he is to be informed he cannot do that until the batter has completed the at bat. If he insists, then the DC gets ejected and the defense is informed to get another pitcher ready b/c the pitcher will be removed after the batter has completed his at bat(I believe I am remembering this part correctly).

This is completely different in Fed apparently. The DC can call Time on the same batter as many times as he wants. I wonder though. Does at least one pitch need to be thrown before Time can be called again?

In OBR, the DC can only visit once on the same batter. If he tries to call Time twice for the same batter, he is to be informed he cannot do that until the batter has completed the at bat. If he insists, then the DC gets ejected and the defense is informed to get another pitcher ready b/c the pitcher will be removed after the batter has completed his at bat(I believe I am remembering this part correctly).

This is completely different in Fed apparently. The DC can call Time on the same batter as many times as he wants. I wonder though. Does at least one pitch need to be thrown before Time can be called again?

No.

In Fed, the manager gets three freebies for the game. After three, any visit means the pitcher has to go. At the end of regulation, any unused visits go away. Each team then gets one visit per inning and they don't accumulate.

In OBR, you get one visit per inning, the second causes the removal of the pitcher.

NCAA is the close the FED. The difference is you get three free but can only use one an inning. Any unused carry over to extra innings.

Also, thank you to both of you for actually giving me a responsive answer. I received the same responsive answer from UmpJm with his answer on the other site after I posted it here. And, I appreciated that as well. It took him to actually answer after I got some stupid remark from another poster and seem to continue to get them from another poster as well.

You are exactly correct Mr Ump with your observations concerning THIS site vs "the other site" ( Hmmmm, wonder which one it was?:spit:)

If you have a question(s) here, you can feel secure that it will get discussed rationally by those present and not receive those "holier than thou" attitudes, beat downs or ridicules so prevalent on that "other site"..

Warren does a good job here and it's a good place to be..:confused: