Douglas Padding

Jbpump15
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2189 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

16 minutes ago, johnnyg08 said:

Easily my biggest frustration with what is otherwise a fantastic CP. I'm considering wrapping that thing around my water heater for an entire year to see if I can get that bottom plate to be a little more form fitting. 

I have actually worn a lower back support around my CP before to keep it tight to me before I had Ray's harness.  Just an idea, it may work to help train that lower pad.  Mine was mostly mesh and elastic so it didn't hold a lot of heat and that CP didn't move all game long.  I've actually thought about ways of modding a CP to use one of these are a harness as it was super comfortable too.

The other thing I've thought about was switching middle and bottom pads on my 15" Douglas, but I know they aren't the same size so it makes it more difficult.  Or maybe order a 13" T-hook plate from Douglas and try it on the bottom instead of the middle location?

5 hours ago, johnnyg08 said:

Easily my biggest frustration with what is otherwise a fantastic CP. I'm considering wrapping that thing around my water heater for an entire year to see if I can get that bottom plate to be a little more form fitting. 

Because the plates can come off on a Douglas, just heat gun and then place it in the freezer, heat gun and freezer, heat gun and freezer.... 

Not saying you do this, but the single worst thing you can do to a CP like this? Put it in a rolling gear bag, in the bottom section, under all your stuff. Hello Platinum Pancake!

• Like 2