Jump to content

CL For Sale ---- Nike steel, shins and catcher CP in Beaverton, Oregon


Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3167 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Not my ad.... but this is for sale in Beaverton, OR.   The lady won't do online sales - pickup only.

I wish I were closer as seems like a good deal. 

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2518.PNG

IMG_2519.PNG

Posted

I was all over this, and on the verge of calling @BT_Blue to "go git' it!" until I saw that the Nike Steel mask in question is not a Nike Icon, but instead the Nike "Teardrop" design. This was a hollow steel mask that Nike had on retail shelves for about 4-5 year span. @JaxRolo had one at one time. The Nike Icon (which was made in Titanium and Steel versions to the same planform) has never seen North American retail shelves. The Icon and Teardrop are two different planforms, with the Teardrop having a narrower, more pinched chin guard (hence the name "teardrop") and strut-less ear guards. The shape is also deeper and more spherical, while the Icon is a bit shallower and more low-profile. It's a very good mask, but not the vaunted Icon.

Then, reading further, I found my face twisting in annoyance that this gear was used by the seller's son as a Plate Umpire for Little League. :shakehead:

I may be interested in it to use as bullpen / pitching lane catcher's gear though, so I'm contemplating it... 

Posted
On 1/23/2018 at 1:58 PM, MadMax said:

I was all over this, and on the verge of calling @BT_Blue to "go git' it!" until I saw that the Nike Steel mask in question is not a Nike Icon, but instead the Nike "Teardrop" design. This was a hollow steel mask that Nike had on retail shelves for about 4-5 year span. @JaxRolo had one at one time. The Nike Icon (which was made in Titanium and Steel versions to the same planform) has never seen North American retail shelves. The Icon and Teardrop are two different planforms, with the Teardrop having a narrower, more pinched chin guard (hence the name "teardrop") and strut-less ear guards. The shape is also deeper and more spherical, while the Icon is a bit shallower and more low-profile. It's a very good mask, but not the vaunted Icon.

Then, reading further, I found my face twisting in annoyance that this gear was used by the seller's son as a Plate Umpire for Little League. :shakehead:

I may be interested in it to use as bullpen / pitching lane catcher's gear though, so I'm contemplating it... 

Hate to tell you, but @wolfe_man already contacted me. Beaverton is a bit out of my way on a normal basis. And when I get into Beaverton, that area is less than friendly to semi trucks.

  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3167 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...