Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4069 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

To answer the OP, I've got nothing.  I couldn't tell if the ball came loose because the runner swatted at it or F2's glove hit the runner's helmet.

Posted

On those mechanics, @johnnyg08 (and @maven and anyone else), what exactly does he do? I'm watching it, repeatedly, trying to figure out the sequence... 

I've got...

  1. First, he watches the entire sequence, and watches the ball go bounding away into Foul Territory.
  2. He turns back, finds R3, and points at him, "You!"
  3. He makes a mechanic I can't distinguish. Is it an out? Is it a point at the plate? Because he's turning towards the infield to either locate his partner(s) or to see what other activity is happening so as to call...
  4. Time. Time. Then he turns back to locate R3.
  5. He points at R3, "You!"
  6. He makes an Out mechanic, ruling #30 (R3) Out.
  7. He points at #22 (R2), "You!"
  8. He directs him back to 3B.

What is that mechanic in #3? I admire how deliberate he is. It must be that he observed R3, in his dive, make an intentional contact with F2's glove so as to knock the ball out.

Posted

On those mechanics, @johnnyg08 (and @maven and anyone else), what exactly does he do? I'm watching it, repeatedly, trying to figure out the sequence... 

I've got...

  1. First, he watches the entire sequence, and watches the ball go bounding away into Foul Territory.
  2. He turns back, finds R3, and points at him, "You!"
  3. He makes a mechanic I can't distinguish. Is it an out? Is it a point at the plate? Because he's turning towards the infield to either locate his partner(s) or to see what other activity is happening so as to call...
  4. Time. Time. Then he turns back to locate R3.
  5. He points at R3, "You!"
  6. He makes an Out mechanic, ruling #30 (R3) Out.
  7. He points at #22 (R2), "You!"
  8. He directs him back to 3B.

What is that mechanic in #3? I admire how deliberate he is. It must be that he observed R3, in his dive, make an intentional contact with F2's glove so as to knock the ball out.

If my surmise is correct, he's pointing to where the act of interference occurred and announcing, "That's INT!"

  • Like 2
×
×
  • Create New...