Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4275 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

MLB hired umpires Tripp Gibson and Mark Ripperger to the full-time staff, according to the Wendelstedt Umpire School. Gibson and Ripperger officiated the most MLB games of all umpires in 2014 (149 and 142, respectively). Gibson, who has been working the Dominican Winter League, purportedly left the...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

  • Like 2
Posted

I believe 2 of the hires is still from the replay, then the third is from the retirement of Tim McClelland. However I don't think McClellands retirement is official.

Posted

I've heard much speculation about McClelland but haven't seen anything official. My pure guess is that it would be true and if so what an incredible career.  

 

I've heard speculation about another, but will wait on official word.

 

I mentioned in another post that with a new contract in place it may be more financially beneficial for some to retire under the new contract. 

×
×
  • Create New...