Shin Guards Needed

aiber
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3440 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Hello all. Bought a NEW Diamond iX3 Mask, NEW Champro Chest protector and new Wendy's Pads. Now I am looking for used shin guards for a good price. I am about 5'11" so I think I need a size 16. If you have an extra pair you would like to sell, please let me know. Thanks.

I have a pair of Davis Shins, and a pair of Honigs K17's (I think). Don't think I will be using anything but the UE's anymore.  You should measure, to be sure you are getting the correct size. 

I have a pair of Davis Shins, and a pair of Honigs K17's (I think). Don't think I will be using anything but the UE's anymore.  You should measure, to be sure you are getting the correct size.

The distance between middle of knee to top of ankle is 16".

16  it is then....

I have a pair of Davis Shins, and a pair of Honigs K17's (I think). Don't think I will be using anything but the UE's anymore.  You should measure, to be sure you are getting thMe correct size.

My Honigs, are the K30's with the top pad cut off, they are 17".  I suspect the Davis Shins are the same size.

DaviShins come in 15.5 and 17.5 sizing. I've had both. They are light and work well for any level below college. Only shinguards I've worn until I tried UE. No comparison to UE though. Completely different level of product.

DaviShins come in 15.5 and 17.5 sizing. I've had both. They are light and work well for any level below college. Only shinguards I've worn until I tried UE. No comparison to UE though. Completely different level of product.

I agree with Dave on this 100%. I would keep the Honigs as a backup to the UE's, but they don't compare with anything else I've seen or worn.