Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4391 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I bought the Wilson Shock last year, I noticed its rusting on the frame, anything I can do to prevent this??

Posted

I have the same issue with mine. I usually let it air out over night prior to putting it back into its special bag and with the rest of my gear.

Posted

I don't recall putting it away wet, does the frame come off?? so I can get it taken care of, its looks unprofessional.

Posted

Sweat will evaporate and rust it, worse than sitting just being washed down and put away wet. You can occasionally wipe it down with some wd-40 or have it coated. You can get a can of coating spray, sorry I don't know the name of it and my husband is out of town, but you can pick it up at a welders supply place. You could also call Wilson and ask them to replace it. I know they will replace it if it dents or takes a shot that cracks the body.

Posted

I'm wondering if the frame comes off, think it would br hard with the shock absorbers on the side

Posted

Not WD. It could get in your eyes. PAM spray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But WD-40 smells better!

Besides that, the whole point of using it is keeping oil and water off your mask. PAM is basically...oil...and water...

Posted

Try this.

Put some PAM spray on your finger and then your eye and mouth.

Repeat with WD-40.

You decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Posted

Try this.

Put some PAM spray on your finger and then your eye and mouth.

Repeat with WD-40.

You decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you're dunking your helmet in the aerosol liquid and putting in immediately it's not worth it to coat your helmet in cooking grease.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

 

Not WD. It could get in your eyes. PAM spray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But WD-40 smells better!

Besides that, the whole point of using it is keeping oil and water off your mask. PAM is basically...oil...and water...

 

 

 And there is some reason that you think WD-40 ISN'T oil ??

Posted

 

 

Not WD. It could get in your eyes. PAM spray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But WD-40 smells better!

Besides that, the whole point of using it is keeping oil and water off your mask. PAM is basically...oil...and water...

 

 

 And there is some reason that you think WD-40 ISN'T oil ??

 

It's made out of magic and the souls of contractors.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

So, I finally had time to play around, I finally took the frame off, I am planning on spray painting the frame black any recommendations on what spray paint to use, and what to do so to make sure it doesn't rust again.   thanks hoping to get it done today.

×
×
  • Create New...