Socks

JaxRolo
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3530 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question, do you have to use socks made for umpires? I use black socks that go up to my calf but weren't made especially for umpires. I never though that this was something that mattered.

No. But I think socks that are made for umpires focus on the parts of the feet and legs that get tired. And this is important as you get older.

• Like 1

Question, do you have to use socks made for umpires? I use black socks that go up to my calf but weren't made especially for umpires. I never though that this was something that mattered.

No. But I think socks that are made for umpires focus on the parts of the feet and legs that get tired. And this is important as you get older. Ok that makes sense, thanks didn't know of that was important or not. Honestly here very little of this effects your status we don't get evaluated ever so its hard to know whats important and would get me knocked by other assigners as I move up.

How are you going to call strikes wearing improper socks!!!

How are you going to call strikes wearing improper socks!!!I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

How are you going to call strikes wearing improper socks!!! I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

When I don't wear umpire socks my strike zone suffers!

How are you going to call strikes wearing improper socks!!!I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

When I don't wear umpire socks my strike zone suffers!Ok in that case I'll look into umpire socks.

Nowadays we have gear "made for Umpires"..........and for the most part, its a great thing.....products for our function have taken gear/clothing to new levels......The market speaks....if they develop something for umpires that works we will buy it.....( and if they develop something that is crap, we will pan it...aka "the mask hook").............

I think how far I have come...my first set of umpire gear, only the CP, the ball bag, brush, indicator and the old Elbeco were Umpire gear...........( actually I think the elbeco was mainly US post office shirts....)........everything else was just adapted player gear...

t-shirts, socks, ..standard cotton Kmart gear.....catcher shins, base shoes were just trainers......and the cup was just the old BIKE brand I wore as a catcher......my point is that there were still a lot of good umpires who wore that gear....but now its great to have gear just for us.....adapted technology, heat gear, better padding.......you name it.......get the best you can....

but don't sweat the small stuff...........socks.......no matter how nice they are now....are small stuff....Jocko was being sarcastic....

Edited by Stan W.
clarity

Nowadays we have gear "made for Umpires"..........and for the most part, its a great thing.....products for our function have taken gear/clothing to new levels......The market speaks....if they develop something for umpires that works we will buy it.....( and if they develop something that is crap, we will pan it...aka "the mask hook").............

I think how far I have come...my first set of umpire gear, only the CP, the ball bag, brush, indicator and the old Elbeco were Umpire gear...........( actually I think the elbeco was mainly US post office shirts....)........everything else was just adapted player gear...

t-shirts, socks, ..standard cotton Kmart gear.....catcher shins, base shoes were just trainers......and the cup was just the old BIKE brand I wore as a catcher......my point is that there were still a lot of good umpires who wore that gear....but now its great to have gear just for us.....adapted technology, heat gear, better padding.......you name it.......get the best you can....

but don't sweat the small stuff...........socks.......no matter how nice they are now....are small stuff....Jocko was being sarcastic....Yea when I read about what some of you guys used to use I am all the more glad I started out in the hardshell, hsm, nutty buddy years. I used some garbage gear but I'm glad I'm in the era where I could dump my garbage gear and its not industry standard.

but don't sweat the small stuff...........socks.......no matter how nice they are now....are small stuff....Jocko was being sarcastic....

Who?

Who?

uh.......sorry Jax!

How are you going to call strikes wearing improper socks!!! I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. When I don't wear umpire socks my strike zone suffers! Ok in that case I'll look into umpire socks.

He's messing with you, guy! Don't waste thirty bucks on some socks!!!

How are you going to call strikes wearing improper socks!!!I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.When I don't wear umpire socks my strike zone suffers!Ok in that case I'll look into umpire socks.

He's messing with you, guy! Don't waste thirty bucks on some socks!!! I was going to buy other umpire socks, those are highway robbery.

How are you going to call strikes wearing improper socks!!! I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. When I don't wear umpire socks my strike zone suffers! Ok in that case I'll look into umpire socks. He's messing with you, guy! Don't waste thirty bucks on some socks!!! I was going to buy other umpire socks, those are highway robbery.

Which umpire sock you're are you buying?

How are you going to call strikes wearing improper socks!!!I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.When I don't wear umpire socks my strike zone suffers!Ok in that case I'll look into umpire socks.He's messing with you, guy! Don't waste thirty bucks on some socks!!!I was going to buy other umpire socks, those are highway robbery.

Which umpire sock you're are you buying?I think these not 100% sure though. https://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Gear-Footwear/Socks/ES-CREW_Ever-Safe-Umpire-Referee-Socks-Crew?id=163