Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4516 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

It's very hard to catch this the higher you go.  THe feet are very quick.  Even in this play, it's *almost* not a balk -- all of the foot moves except the heel, and it wasn't just a spin on the heel.

Posted

http://m.mlb.com/video/v32921901/detbos-carp-advances-to-second-on-reeds-balk/?query=balk

I think this is one of the most inconsistent calls in the pro game...I agree it is a balk in the video above, but you'll see this move not called a balk 9 times out of 10.

I'll contact my buddy in PBUC and he can have you come down and you can instruct the session on balks!

Posted

 

http://m.mlb.com/video/v32921901/detbos-carp-advances-to-second-on-reeds-balk/?query=balk

I think this is one of the most inconsistent calls in the pro game...I agree it is a balk in the video above, but you'll see this move not called a balk 9 times out of 10.

I'll contact my buddy in PBUC and he can have you come down and you can instruct the session on balks!

 

Gladly!

Posted

So which one gets the knee signal that was given? The balk where they flinch/buckle the knee first before throwing over, or the non-step when throwing over. Do both of these examples come under the same category and get the signal given. Who has all those old and new MLBUM where it probably talks about this.

Posted

So which one gets the knee signal that was given? The balk where they flinch/buckle the knee first before throwing over, or the non-step when throwing over. Do both of these examples come under the same category and get the signal given. Who has all those old and new MLBUM where it probably talks about this.

The leg slap is a step balk.

Posted

 

So which one gets the knee signal that was given? The balk where they flinch/buckle the knee first before throwing over, or the non-step when throwing over. Do both of these examples come under the same category and get the signal given. Who has all those old and new MLBUM where it probably talks about this.

The leg slap is a step balk.

 

 

I agree. I think this is a no-step balk.  


×
×
  • Create New...