Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4776 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

$40+s&h-Black/Black Reebok Magistrate Plate-11.5

Used. Still in good condition. Grips on bottoms show signs of wear, but still a lot of use left. Low Cut

post-2817-0-21424700-1377980605_thumb.jp

post-2817-0-53532700-1377980637_thumb.jp

post-2817-0-23513900-1377980652_thumb.jp

 

$90+s&h-Black/White Reebok ZigTech Plate-12

Brand New. Never worn. Still has stuffing inside shoes. Low Cut. Comes just like you bought them from the store.

post-2817-0-09090600-1377980671_thumb.jp

post-2817-0-88929300-1377980689_thumb.jp

 

 

 

 

I also have two brand new, in the wrapper, Nike Masks for sale. Navy pads. Nike Harness. Message me for details.

Posted

Someone please explain to me why Nike masks are so expensive?  

 

Because: 

 

1. They are NIKE. So add a few hundred bucks.

2. They are made of high-grade titanium. 

3. They simply just look great. Plus, they do provide solid protection at the same time. 

4. You cannot buy them retail. You have to buy them from someone else. Commonly, guys acquire them from catchers who are able to get them straight from Nike, or their college is sponsored with Nike equipment, etc. These are just most commonly the case. All the guys I personally know with them have gotten them through small talk with college catchers who have two or three extras, and/or can easily get another from their Team Nike rep. 

5. They are NIKE. 

  • Like 1
Posted

I personally wear one. I can assure you the field of vision is as good as a HSM. Ive never measured, but i'd be willing to bet the Nike frame has a 1/4-1/8 inch wider field of vision than a Wilson which doesn't seem like much but it makes a considerable difference. They are as light as a Diamond Featherweight mask, with the protection of a Wilson Titanium.

Posted

The eye opening is not only a little wider, but it is taller or "more open." I've had the Wilson and the Nike side by side, it's not a huge difference by any means, but it is noticeable to the eye, and does serve it's purpose with the mask actually on. Nike consulted with professional catchers when designing the mask frame, and a larger opening was something they all input for. 

Posted

The bottom part of the Nike frame also it more straight downward, rather than the down & outward bottom like on the Wilson mask frames. This being said, it gives you more throat protection just by itself, as opposed to where a lot of Wilson masks are worn with throat protectors. 

Posted

I personally wear one. I can assure you the field of vision is as good as a HSM. Ive never measured, but i'd be willing to bet the Nike frame has a 1/4-1/8 inch wider field of vision than a Wilson which doesn't seem like much but it makes a considerable difference. They are as light as a Diamond Featherweight mask, with the protection of a Wilson Titanium.

 

I can definitely attest to that. I wore mine for the first time this weekend and the field vision was awesome

Posted

 

I personally wear one. I can assure you the field of vision is as good as a HSM. Ive never measured, but i'd be willing to bet the Nike frame has a 1/4-1/8 inch wider field of vision than a Wilson which doesn't seem like much but it makes a considerable difference. They are as light as a Diamond Featherweight mask, with the protection of a Wilson Titanium.

 

I can definitely attest to that. I wore mine for the first time this weekend and the field vision was awesome

 

 

You got a Nike mask?! 

Posted

 

 

I personally wear one. I can assure you the field of vision is as good as a HSM. Ive never measured, but i'd be willing to bet the Nike frame has a 1/4-1/8 inch wider field of vision than a Wilson which doesn't seem like much but it makes a considerable difference. They are as light as a Diamond Featherweight mask, with the protection of a Wilson Titanium.

 

I can definitely attest to that. I wore mine for the first time this weekend and the field vision was awesome

 

 

You got a Nike mask?! 

 

 

 

yeah this past week!

Posted

 

 

 

I personally wear one. I can assure you the field of vision is as good as a HSM. Ive never measured, but i'd be willing to bet the Nike frame has a 1/4-1/8 inch wider field of vision than a Wilson which doesn't seem like much but it makes a considerable difference. They are as light as a Diamond Featherweight mask, with the protection of a Wilson Titanium.

 

I can definitely attest to that. I wore mine for the first time this weekend and the field vision was awesome

 

 

You got a Nike mask?! 

 

 

 

yeah this past week!

 

eBay?

Posted

I met an umpire in the NY Penn league through ebay and bought it from him


 

 

 

 

I personally wear one. I can assure you the field of vision is as good as a HSM. Ive never measured, but i'd be willing to bet the Nike frame has a 1/4-1/8 inch wider field of vision than a Wilson which doesn't seem like much but it makes a considerable difference. They are as light as a Diamond Featherweight mask, with the protection of a Wilson Titanium.

 

I can definitely attest to that. I wore mine for the first time this weekend and the field vision was awesome

 

 

You got a Nike mask?! 

 

 

 

yeah this past week!

 

eBay?

 

 

I met an umpire in the NY Penn league through ebay and bought it from him

×
×
  • Create New...