Jump to content

New Unequal shin guards should be available for the Christmas tree.


Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4794 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Sounds like the new Unequal Technologies shin guards are scheduled to begin arriving in mid-October--in plenty of time to find their way under my Christmas tree.  I haven't seen a picture of them yet, but word is they will be "competitively priced," they will have Kevlar in them (how much and where I don't know), they will have rust-resistant stainless steel rivets, they will have fully removable and washable padding, they will have heavy duty plastic side clips,  they will be light weight and less bulky than many other shin guards on the market, and they will come in 3 sizes:  14.5", 16.5", and 18.5".  Oh, yeah, and they will be black.

 

Every year since I got married, Santa Claus always seems to leave me something under the tree after he gets done with everyone else.  Blows me away that he always somehow seems to leave me something that's actually on my list (even in those years that I don't actually write out a list--which is basically every year--it's like the Dude somehow can read my mind). 
 
Something tells me Santa is probably going to be sticking some UE shin guards under the tree this year for me (just before finishing his scotch and turning out the light).  And I'll be a willing guinea pig.  I confess that I like this company, its dedication and focus on umpires, as well as its customer service.  Umpire gear designed, developed, and tested by umpires.  I'll continue to support the concept.  I look at something like the Zig Magistrate shoes with those hideous white soles and stripes, and ask myself:  "I wonder how many actual umpires Reebok consulted with prior to deciding those shoes were what umpires both needed and wanted?"  I suspect the answer is "0."
  • Like 2
Posted

 

Sounds like the new Unequal Technologies shin guards are scheduled to begin arriving in mid-October--in plenty of time to find their way under my Christmas tree.  I haven't seen a picture of them yet, but word is they will be "competitively priced," they will have Kevlar in them (how much and where I don't know), they will have rust-resistant stainless steel rivets, they will have fully removable and washable padding, they will have heavy duty plastic side clips,  they will be light weight and less bulky than many other shin guards on the market, and they will come in 3 sizes:  14.5", 16.5", and 18.5".  Oh, yeah, and they will be black.

 

Every year since I got married, Santa Claus always seems to leave me something under the tree after he gets done with everyone else.  Blows me away that he always somehow seems to leave me something that's actually on my list (even in those years that I don't actually write out a list--which is basically every year--it's like the Dude somehow can read my mind). 
 
Something tells me Santa is probably going to be sticking some UE shin guards under the tree this year for me (just before finishing his scotch and turning out the light).  And I'll be a willing guinea pig.  I confess that I like this company, its dedication and focus on umpires, as well as its customer service.  Umpire gear designed, developed, and tested by umpires.  I'll continue to support the concept.  I look at something like the Zig Magistrate shoes with those hideous white soles and stripes, and ask myself:  "I wonder how many actual umpires Reebok consulted with prior to deciding those shoes were what umpires both needed and wanted?"  I suspect the answer is "0."

 

Where you gather this information from?

Posted

 

Umpire gear designed, developed, and tested by umpires.  I'll continue to support the concept.  I look at something like the Zig Magistrate shoes with those hideous white soles and stripes, and ask myself:  "I wonder how many actual umpires Reebok consulted with prior to deciding those shoes were what umpires both needed and wanted?"  I suspect the answer is "0."

 

 

Reebok isn't an American company, and isn't a baseball company. Reebok was founded in the UK, brought to the United States for distribution by a sporting goods distributor, and acquired (ie. bought out) by Adidas. Adidas is a German company. Is there baseball in the UK or in Germany? No. I will defend Nike, Under Armour and New Balance tooth and nail because they are American companies supplying products for "America's Past-time". I do _not_ like exclusivity (you reading this, Wilson?!), because exclusivity breeds mediocrity. Is there a place for Mizuno? Absolutely! I'd say more so than Reebok! At least the Japanese play baseball! I have nothing but admiration for small companies like Unequal that get a toenail-hold in a specific sport's market with an excellent product that is the culmination (it kinda has to be in today's age) of user/consumer feedback and ongoing, progressive development. 

Posted

 

 

Sounds like the new Unequal Technologies shin guards are scheduled to begin arriving in mid-October--in plenty of time to find their way under my Christmas tree.  I haven't seen a picture of them yet, but word is they will be "competitively priced," they will have Kevlar in them (how much and where I don't know), they will have rust-resistant stainless steel rivets, they will have fully removable and washable padding, they will have heavy duty plastic side clips,  they will be light weight and less bulky than many other shin guards on the market, and they will come in 3 sizes:  14.5", 16.5", and 18.5".  Oh, yeah, and they will be black.

 

Every year since I got married, Santa Claus always seems to leave me something under the tree after he gets done with everyone else.  Blows me away that he always somehow seems to leave me something that's actually on my list (even in those years that I don't actually write out a list--which is basically every year--it's like the Dude somehow can read my mind). 
 
Something tells me Santa is probably going to be sticking some UE shin guards under the tree this year for me (just before finishing his scotch and turning out the light).  And I'll be a willing guinea pig.  I confess that I like this company, its dedication and focus on umpires, as well as its customer service.  Umpire gear designed, developed, and tested by umpires.  I'll continue to support the concept.  I look at something like the Zig Magistrate shoes with those hideous white soles and stripes, and ask myself:  "I wonder how many actual umpires Reebok consulted with prior to deciding those shoes were what umpires both needed and wanted?"  I suspect the answer is "0."

 

Where you gather this information from?

 

F.B.I? C.I.A?

Posted

 

 

 

Sounds like the new Unequal Technologies shin guards are scheduled to begin arriving in mid-October--in plenty of time to find their way under my Christmas tree.  I haven't seen a picture of them yet, but word is they will be "competitively priced," they will have Kevlar in them (how much and where I don't know), they will have rust-resistant stainless steel rivets, they will have fully removable and washable padding, they will have heavy duty plastic side clips,  they will be light weight and less bulky than many other shin guards on the market, and they will come in 3 sizes:  14.5", 16.5", and 18.5".  Oh, yeah, and they will be black.

 

Every year since I got married, Santa Claus always seems to leave me something under the tree after he gets done with everyone else.  Blows me away that he always somehow seems to leave me something that's actually on my list (even in those years that I don't actually write out a list--which is basically every year--it's like the Dude somehow can read my mind). 
 
Something tells me Santa is probably going to be sticking some UE shin guards under the tree this year for me (just before finishing his scotch and turning out the light).  And I'll be a willing guinea pig.  I confess that I like this company, its dedication and focus on umpires, as well as its customer service.  Umpire gear designed, developed, and tested by umpires.  I'll continue to support the concept.  I look at something like the Zig Magistrate shoes with those hideous white soles and stripes, and ask myself:  "I wonder how many actual umpires Reebok consulted with prior to deciding those shoes were what umpires both needed and wanted?"  I suspect the answer is "0."

 

Where you gather this information from?

 

F.B.I? C.I.A?

 

No D.E.A.,  I.N.S. and Border Patrol

Posted

 

 

 

 

Sounds like the new Unequal Technologies shin guards are scheduled to begin arriving in mid-October--in plenty of time to find their way under my Christmas tree.  I haven't seen a picture of them yet, but word is they will be "competitively priced," they will have Kevlar in them (how much and where I don't know), they will have rust-resistant stainless steel rivets, they will have fully removable and washable padding, they will have heavy duty plastic side clips,  they will be light weight and less bulky than many other shin guards on the market, and they will come in 3 sizes:  14.5", 16.5", and 18.5".  Oh, yeah, and they will be black.

 

Every year since I got married, Santa Claus always seems to leave me something under the tree after he gets done with everyone else.  Blows me away that he always somehow seems to leave me something that's actually on my list (even in those years that I don't actually write out a list--which is basically every year--it's like the Dude somehow can read my mind). 
 
Something tells me Santa is probably going to be sticking some UE shin guards under the tree this year for me (just before finishing his scotch and turning out the light).  And I'll be a willing guinea pig.  I confess that I like this company, its dedication and focus on umpires, as well as its customer service.  Umpire gear designed, developed, and tested by umpires.  I'll continue to support the concept.  I look at something like the Zig Magistrate shoes with those hideous white soles and stripes, and ask myself:  "I wonder how many actual umpires Reebok consulted with prior to deciding those shoes were what umpires both needed and wanted?"  I suspect the answer is "0."

 

Where you gather this information from?

 

F.B.I? C.I.A?

 

No D.E.A.,  I.N.S. and Border Patrol

 

I.N.S. no longer exist...perhaps NSA? With all that being said...I hope these shin guards are bullet proof!

Posted

Sounds like the new Unequal Technologies shin guards are scheduled to begin arriving in mid-October--in plenty of time to find their way under my Christmas tree.  I haven't seen a picture of them yet, but word is they will be "competitively priced," they will have Kevlar in them (how much and where I don't know), they will have rust-resistant stainless steel rivets, they will have fully removable and washable padding, they will have heavy duty plastic side clips,  they will be light weight and less bulky than many other shin guards on the market, and they will come in 3 sizes:  14.5", 16.5", and 18.5".  Oh, yeah, and they will be black.

 

Every year since I got married, Santa Claus always seems to leave me something under the tree after he gets done with everyone else.  Blows me away that he always somehow seems to leave me something that's actually on my list (even in those years that I don't actually write out a list--which is basically every year--it's like the Dude somehow can read my mind).  And I am sure that Santa will be dropping off a pair for me. Although he will be confused as to whether they are for Christmas or my birthday.

 

Something tells me Santa is probably going to be sticking some UE shin guards under the tree this year for me (just before finishing his scotch and turning out the light).  And I'll be a willing guinea pig.  I confess that I like this company, its dedication and focus on umpires, as well as its customer service.  Umpire gear designed, developed, and tested by umpires.  I'll continue to support the concept.  I look at something like the Zig Magistrate shoes with those hideous white soles and stripes, and ask myself:  "I wonder how many actual umpires Reebok consulted with prior to deciding those shoes were what umpires both needed and wanted?"  I suspect the answer is "0."

×
×
  • Create New...