Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4945 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

As I've posted on here before, I am in the market for some new gear.

 

Anyway, looking for opinions on the Douglas equipment (CP and SG) vs. the Wilson equipment (Gold/ Platinum CP and SG).  I'm liking what I've heard about the Douglas equipment, but of course Wilson is fantastic as well.

 

Mainly interested in hearing from people who have used both sets of equipment, but all opinions and thoughts are welcome.

 

Thanks!

Posted

I have both CPs. I don't prefer one over the other. I use them both interchangeably. They are both great. Whatever you pick make sure you also get a Delta flex harness.

  • Like 1
Posted

I prefer the Douglas b/c the the majority of my work is in the warm weather.  If it is chilly and I'm facing high end pitching, then I'll wear the Gold.  

 

I've been working NCAA baseball all winter and I've only worn my Unequal.  

 

If you want something that's low-profile and protective, get the Douglas.  The nice thing about Douglas is that they will recondition your gear.  

 

That being said, I have had EXCELLENT customer service from Wilson too.  

 

You really can't go wrong either way.  

Posted

I have used both. Last summer I sold my Wilson triple knee shins and my Gold to finance other purchases. Nothing wrong with them. Just a little hot and bulky compared to my Douglas CP and shins. I prefer the low profile aspect of the Douglas CP and the shin guards. The shins are very similar to the black Wilson shins but feel lighter to me.

I am with Johnny, I have been wearing my Unequal all fall and so far this spring for college and High School ball. It has been paired with my Douglas shins. I love the ankle protection.

Posted

I prefer the low profile aspect of the Douglas CP and the shin guards. The shins are very similar to the black Wilson shins but feel lighter to me.

The Douglas shins are lighter than the black Wilson guards that isn't your imagination! I think the Wilson's are a little over a pound heavier as a set than the Douglas ones

×
×
  • Create New...