catsbackr

2012 NABA

Well, our 2012 NABA is winding down, the league tournament is coming up next weekend.

Our league this year was a little strange, they broke up into 2 7-team divisions and scheduling umpires has been a challenge. For a very hot summer, we've had very, very little issues. Only the usual whining, but only had 1 ejection the entire year. A lot more college players played this year and the quality of the baseball has been a little better.

I'm kind of ready for it to be over, LOL.

I usually am beyond ready for season to end.

Then I count the days until it starts again.

We start January 7.

That sucks! No Fall ball?

Our tourneys took a month off during/after WS. We crank back up this weekend. Tourneys every weekend through mid-Nov. Then break for 2 months and HS kicks off again in Feb.

Nah, by the time Sept gets here I'm ready for it to be over.

Besides, deer season opens Sept 22!

I'd rather be on a diamond at 10am than in a tree freezing my balls off at 4am. Besides,I can shoot em off my back deck if I feel the urge to kill something.

I'd rather be on a diamond at 10am than in a tree freezing my balls off at 4am. Besides,I can shoot em off my back deck if I feel the urge to kill something.

I like umpiring, but I'd take 4 a.m. in the deer woods ANYTIME!

I hear ya. But during the winter I sit on the deck drinking coffee talking to the deer. No need to go anywhere.

End of ball is just around the corner here too, I'm not involved in any fall ball or H/S ball yet (Generally around here they want a level 3 Ontario Baseball Certified ump, which is at least 6 years experience for H/S) but I am oddly not feeling the usual "dear god it's almost over" feelings yet this year. It has just been a year of learning, growing and opening new horizons, so I don't want it to stop. I suppose it's because we haven't been hit by the fall weather yet... you know, cold, wet miserable, dark early mushy and generally bleh feeling in the air.

Never ending story here.

Baseball always being played.

It is good and bad. A double edged sword.

Only Sundays I know I have off from Adult Ball is Thanksgiving and Christmas weekend.

Thanksgiving will be a large youth tournament so I am pretty sure I will get work that day there.

I haven't even actively sought any Youth Fall Ball games during the week this year.

So I am kind of taking a little break and will be happy if I only work around 250 games this year.

Trout, you have this in your yard?