Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5895 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Isnt' it funny, .... just because you can't see Votto arguing the call, or making a scene means it's TOTALLY ok as to whatever he's saying under his breath?!? If you look closely, the cry-baby is chirping the entire time!!:wave:

The announcers are soo effing stupid!! Who knows what Votto's saying?? Obviously it was enough for the WHHHhooooosh!! RIGHT ?!!:rock Go get 'em DJ!!B)

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=10997285

Edited by Thunderheads
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

Do you just sit up all night viewing the mlb.com videos?:wave:

Well Larry, first of all, the answer is no, I don't. But, let's see .....where do I start....

On top of my job in which the alarm goes off at 5am ....I also help my wife take care of her elderly parents. So, ... I don't get a hell of a lot of time to catch up on what happened each night w/ baseball because I go to bed early.

And, since I love the game so much, I like to follow it. So, the best chance I get is when I get into the office in the morning, get settled for the day, and review some of the highlights from games the night before, or maybe a couple days ago when I didn't get the chance to see them originally.

So, if that's crazy to you, then sobeit. And since when is it crazy to attempt to create conversation w/ fellow umps on situations and plays from MLB?

Sorry to offend, but if it's crazy to you, then why did you respond .....

Edited by Thunderheads
Posted

I heard a commentator argue yesterday that Players in MLB are allowed to argue calls as long as it is not balls and strikes. I nearly threw something at the TV.

Posted

What I liked the most about this was their own technology showed it was a strike. The commentator was saying "if you're going to make a bad call, at least, as an umpire, have to..." and then he was cut off. I guess he realized how much of an idiot their technology was making him sound like. Or, at least, someone else realized it for him.

Posted

Good EJ. We've been there we can take a pretty accurate guess as to exactly what Votto said. Votto knew he was punching his own ticket by running his mouth like that.

Posted

Well Larry, first of all, the answer is no, I don't. But, let's see .....where do I start....

On top of my job in which the alarm goes off at 5am ....I also help my wife take care of her elderly parents. So, ... I don't get a hell of a lot of time to catch up on what happened each night w/ baseball because I go to bed early.

And, since I love the game so much, I like to follow it. So, the best chance I get is when I get into the office in the morning, get settled for the day, and review some of the highlights from games the night before, or maybe a couple days ago when I didn't get the chance to see them originally.

So, if that's crazy to you, then sobeit. And since when is it crazy to attempt to create conversation w/ fellow umps on situations and plays from MLB?

Sorry to offend, but if it's crazy to you, then why did you respond .....

Jeff,

I'm not offended and didn't mean to offend.

There is a level of craziness in all of us. Heck, I sit here 2 or 3 times a day and look for new posts. ;)

Posted

Jeff,

I'm not offended and didn't mean to offend.

There is a level of craziness in all of us. Heck, I sit here 2 or 3 times a day and look for new posts. ;)

Well, ...OK THEN!!!! Thanks for that!

And thanks for responding!:clap::beerbang:cheers:

Sorry, I saw this: :crazy: and thought negatively immediately, my bad!:P


×
×
  • Create New...