Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5910 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

We just started using Arbiter this week. Accepted 2 games for tomorrow. Seems like a good system.

Before aour assignor would call us on the same day of the games. Very inconvenient. I had to keep all my gear in my car at all times in case he called.

I drive a Miata 2 seater. Not much room.

Hopefully now the games will be up there in advance and I can unload my car from time to time.

Those of you that use Arbiter how do you like it?

  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I have been using it to get assignments for High School, USSSA Tournaments and a PONY League.

The AD's at the schools use it to see who is working the game and to prepare the voucher and check for payment.

You can also see who your partner is.

This past season, I got to use it as one of the assignors for our group that covered 5 Leagues within our LL District.

It made assigning very easy.

We released games two weeks in advance and allowed personnel to self-assign to games based on restrictions set on experience and ability. They were only allowed to assign/select two games a day to allow everyone equal opportunity.

All we had to do was check the days games each morning and then make a few calls to get any open positions that weren't taken filed.

OH!!!!! Once you accepted a game and decided you had something else to do? You found your own replacement and advised us of the change. Option 2 was pay the assignor you contacted $10 to find a replacement for you. We only had a couple of turn backs asking for us to find a replacement because of work related problems that prevented them for getting there.

If there was a change, all you had to do was sign in as assignor, make the change and it sends out email to the officials. Saves a lot of phone calls.

It is a great system.

Jax

You do know a Mazda Miata is a Chicks car? :WTF

Posted

Jax

You do know a Mazda Miata is a Chicks car? :WTF

Funny! I love my Miata!

I got it Supped up. Supercharged, Borla Exhaust, Engine is Spotless.

Plus the girls do like it. I have been Booby flashed, Smiled at, waved at, been asked for rides. Great Car!Just small.

As far as Arbiter goes I am looking forward to know in advance when my games are and already blocked out a couple of day that I know I can work. Plus I can tell if I have the plate or the bases

Posted

We just started using Arbiter this week. Accepted 2 games for tomorrow. Seems like a good system.

Before aour assignor would call us on the same day of the games. Very inconvenient. I had to keep all my gear in my car at all times in case he called.

I drive a Miata 2 seater. Not much room.

Hopefully now the games will be up there in advance and I can unload my car from time to time.

Those of you that use Arbiter how do you like it?

It is great. Lets you email your partner and get everything all lined up. Works great

Posted

As far as Arbiter goes I am looking forward to know in advance when my games are and already blocked out a couple of day that I know I can work. Plus I can tell if I have the plate or the bases

Will only tell you as much in advance as the Assignor does the assignments.

Posted

Long time lurker - first time poster -

But I cram all my equipment in the back of my Miata too!

Don't know how you guys fit all it into a Miata.

I have trouble getting my equipment into my Manly Mustang GT.

Posted

Long time lurker - first time poster -

But I cram all my equipment in the back of my Miata too!

Its not easy. Specially keeping your shirts wrinkle free. I try to fold my neatly.

Posted

Its not easy. Specially keeping your shirts wrinkle free. I try to fold my neatly.

I cram my gear into a 1973 Triumph Spitfire on occasion. Chair, gear, and clothes. Helps that I have a luggage rack on the back.


×
×
  • Create New...