Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5926 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

My name is gary and I am an addict. Love umpiring. I enjoy it way more than coaching and if they talk back I can toss them. Plus no parents to bug me about why little johnny is not playing short and batting lead off.

  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I really love baseball and fast pitch soft ball. I spent quite a few years as a coach/manger before I left the "dark side" (likely never made it to RAT status either). I still miss working with the kids and while umpiring is enjoyable there is not the excitement of defeat/victory. This is the lead up to the story....

The other day as I was waiting to be paid after the game the coach was interupted by; a parent wanting to know why his kid didn't pitch, a parent wanting know why his kid had to pitch and 2 players (brothers) letting the coach know that they were going to miss the next two weeks as thier family is going on vacation.

I put the check in my pocket and walked to the car with a complete lack of regret.

PS: I learned it is always better to be paid before the game.


×
×
  • Create New...