Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5356 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I recently updated the Midwest Ump site with a 2012 Umpire Insurance Review. Nothing has changed for ABUA or NASO from 2011, but <acronym title='High school rules'>NFHS</acronym> went to a different carrier. The <acronym title='High school rules'>NFHS</acronym> insurance is automatic for most officials, but only covers <acronym title='High school rules'>NFHS</acronym> events for registered officials.

Between NASO and ABUA, the NASO offers better coverage, but at a steeper price. For instance, if you are sued for a bad call during a game (it happens!), NASO covers you with its errors and omissions benefit, ABUA does not. Also, ABUA only covers baseball and softball events, NASO covers any sport. That is a big benefit for multi-sport officials.

Pete

I swear I just got a pamphlet from ABUA that says it covers any sport.

I will double check tonight.

It covers all levels of amateur baseball and softball, but not other sports.

That is no longer true. A couple years ago they expanded out to cover all sports at any level.

Posted

I recently updated the Midwest Ump site with a 2012 Umpire Insurance Review. Nothing has changed for ABUA or NASO from 2011, but <acronym title='High school rules'><acronym title='High school rules'>NFHS</acronym></acronym> went to a different carrier. The <acronym title='High school rules'><acronym title='High school rules'>NFHS</acronym></acronym> insurance is automatic for most officials, but only covers <acronym title='High school rules'><acronym title='High school rules'>NFHS</acronym></acronym> events for registered officials.

Between NASO and ABUA, the NASO offers better coverage, but at a steeper price. For instance, if you are sued for a bad call during a game (it happens!), NASO covers you with its errors and omissions benefit, ABUA does not. Also, ABUA only covers baseball and softball events, NASO covers any sport. That is a big benefit for multi-sport officials.

Pete

I swear I just got a pamphlet from ABUA that says it covers any sport.

I will double check tonight.

It covers all levels of amateur baseball and softball, but not other sports.

That is no longer true. A couple years ago they expanded out to cover all sports at any level.

They need to update their site if that's the case.

×
×
  • Create New...