Test Monday

Triguy29
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4467 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I have my PIAA test on Monday. I've been studying like crazy for this thing. I've actually never really had to try to do well on tests. This one however is my white whale. I'm a teacher and on Friday we have a field trip. I volunteered to stay back with the detention kids so that I can study all day. Plus it got me bonus points with my other teachers.

Took my test tonight. Felt good about it but then again I did the last time I took it as well. The waiting for my score is worse than the test. If I failed I won't be able to do school ball this year and that'll suck.

Took my test tonight. Felt good about it but then again I did the last time I took it as well. The waiting for my score is worse than the test. If I failed I won't be able to do school ball this year and that'll suck.

I'm sure you did fine!

But say you did fail. Do you think you need to be doing HS ball? Not trying to be rude at all.

I am sure you did good. Have confidence.

I didn't mean hs. I meant ms and maybe some 9 th grade ball. I feel like I understand the rules but I have just struggled with the test. Maybe it's the wording or the scenarios but I do think I did well this time. I've just been putting so much effort into umpiring that I'll be very disappointed if I can only do summer and fall ball this year.

• 3 weeks later...

I passed my test. The last tree weeks have been nerve wracking. Man I am stoked to finally be an umpire. I have never studied harder for a test in my life, and I'm a teacher so I've taken a lot of tests. Now I have to order some more gear. Patches, shirts, hats, pants, etc. Thank you for everyone on here that has answered questions and given advice.

• Like 2

I passed my test. The last tree weeks have been nerve wracking. Man I am stoked to finally be an umpire. I have never studied harder for a test in my life, and I'm a teacher so I've taken a lot of tests. Now I have to order some more gear. Patches, shirts, hats, pants, etc. Thank you for everyone on here that has answered questions and given advice.

Nice work. Welcome to the club.

The new test is way better than last years. There were a bunch of questions on dead ball and delayed dead ball.Also, remember that any amount of blood must be cleaned off or changed. I got that one wrong.Good luck.

The new test is way better than last years. There were a bunch of questions on dead ball and delayed dead ball.Also, remember that any amount of blood must be cleaned off or changed. I got that one wrong.Good luck.

Congrats!

Maybe it was better because you studied and knew the rules better!

I really feel as though this test was worded better and was more geared towards common baseball plays. Now I did study a lot but I studied a ton for the last one I took as well. Either way I passed and I couldn't be happier.

That's true boyinr. And between some of great veteran umpires that I see and have been able to work with locally and the amazing umpires on here I have a lot of inspiration to be great. Man I wish this could be my career.

I just ordered all of my PIAA clothing and patches. I also got my first HS freshman game assignment between two very good local teams. This is going to be a great season. Should I order a heavy fleece jacket and gloves for the season? I'm in PA and my first game isn't until April 2nd. I kind of think that I wont need it until fall ball.

I just ordered all of my PIAA clothing and patches. I also got my first HS freshman game assignment between two very good local teams. This is going to be a great season. Should I order a heavy fleece jacket and gloves for the season? I'm in PA and my first game isn't until April 2nd. I kind of think that I wont need it until fall ball.

You don't need it! Suck it and pretend is not cold! :smachhead: