UMPHUB.com

hckyosgood30
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4503 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I don't say the advantage video is bunk, I do think it is an out moted thinking. I know I had one HS coach ejection last year. The entire game was on the internet. I believe the video showed I was correct in both the call and ejection. However it was a play where the ball beat him but a ton, F4 chose not to tag him when he got there.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=177886238926840

I signed up and have watched a few videos. Now remember Im a new umpire and I feel that the information has been very helpful. I also agree that you should call the play as best you can and give no biased towards who "beat" who. The videos are great quality and there are alot up now.

Keep in mind, if you say (who beat who) to a coach who argues a call, be prepared to have that coach contact your association. If you use that method at all, never explain your judgment that way. Tell them what you have. That is not the correct way to explain your judgment to a coach.

I think the videos are very well made, I work in the entertainment field so I appreciate good quality production. I think your presenter is knowledgable but I don't agree with him 100%. I liked the knee pop video, the catcher video was accurate, the third base coverage was interesting but I have to put in on the field to decide, and the advantage video is outdated. The third base coverage video needs to show the same slide from both positions, two different slides makes it look like you are trying to sell a bill of goods, which I do not believe you are.

I would like to see some Rules related videos.

Rolando - thanks for joining UmpHub. If there are any specific rules you'd like to see covered, we have our spring production dates already set and we would be more than happy to include your suggestions. Please email me directly (jd@umphub.com) and I'll be sure to add your questions to the production schedule.

Baseball Rules Seminar is on it's way back, look for it later this year...

I recommend this seminar highly. 8 solid weeks of instruction. Basically it was the rules clinic that camps and clinics never have time to offer.

It was truly the 'tipping point' in my knowledge.

NEED NEED NEED a HS seminar.

I am in for 8 weeks on FED Rules.

8-week rules clinic and UmpHub should consider partnering since they have the same customers.

I recommend this seminar highly. 8 solid weeks of instruction. Basically it was the rules clinic that camps and clinics never have time to offer.

8-week rules clinic and UmpHub should consider partnering since they have the same customers.

I've already briefly discussed working together with Jonathan and I'm revamping the format to be go at your own pace and less of a week 1, week 2, ... Where anybody can join in at any time and not be lost.

But thanks for the positive feedback.

Plus 1 on the FED !!!!!

Just listened to the Advantage/Disadvantage video. I think it's a bunch of bunk. It used to have it's place but not anymore. Call the play as you see it. He talks about a fielder hustling to make a great play. What about the BR that's busting his hump to beat it out? Isn't he hustling and "doing his job"? Runner stealing and the throw is there in time, back in the day his philosophy would work. Nowadays that won't fly. No taggie, no outie. There are cameras everywhere and a missed call will recognized. Often, video of missed calls in college games are sent to the conference coordinator. I would hate to see what my assigner would say if I made the "accepted" call due to advantage/disadvantage. My favorite arguement for types of plays he was discussing is when a fielder misplays a ball, recovers and throws to have a banger out. Most will say to reward the offense because the defense screwed up. I say the defense didn't screw up. I say the defender, although initially misplaying the ball, made a great recovery and throw and completed the out. In pro ball the advantage/disadvantage philosophy is quickly dying. Same in college ball where more teams are utilizing cameras of some sort. Most, if not all, games I work are at least streamed online and the video quality is improving at an incredible rate.

Others may have their own view and opinions on this topic but I believe this video should come with a disclaimer - Use at Your Own Risk

+1

I am not a good enough umpire to miss a play on purpose.

Be that as it may, cool idea for a website, and likely worth the price of admission.

What is the cost structure?

$24.99 for one month

$9.99/month if you commit to 6 months

$80 for a one year commitment

$80 is so much. Just sign up for one month. Spend 1+ hours watching the videos. Over the next year they will add 1+ hours of video. Next year you sign up for 1 month and watch all the videos they've made in the last year.

What is the cost structure?

$24.99 for one month

$9.99/month if you commit to 6 months

$80 for a one year commitment

$80 is so much. Just sign up for one month. Spend 1+ hours watching the videos. Over the next year they will add 1+ hours of video. Next year you sign up for 1 month and watch all the videos they've made in the last year.

I kinda agree. Right now it is to much money. At some point later it may be worth it.

I used the promo code and signed up for a year.

I watched all the videos in 1 day!!! Now what??? :no:

I really like the site. It has great potential. But I am looking for more. Not just mechanics or interviews with Umpires. I want rules interpretations.

I am glad Warren mentioned the Rules Clinics coming back. I love to learn rules.

My association calls me the Rules Man.

My :2cents: