Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5446 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Sounds a little like Virginia's reaction with bats this past year for high school play, except in Virginia, no warning, out and ejection of player.

Posted

Big change is that we can now get an out for a player entering the batter's box with an illegal bat.

Same as OBR and FED.

In NCAA you have to wait until after the first pitch.

Posted

Just wonder why they EJ a Base Coach and not a Manager for first infraction. :question1:

Gives a Manager a free pass to try to get away with it once.

Posted

Just wonder why they EJ a Base Coach and not a Manager for first infraction. :question1:

Gives a Manager a free pass to try to get away with it once.

The way it's worded, I'm not sure the base coach gets an EJ. I think it just means you can't have 2 coaches on the baselines after the 1st illegal bat infraction.

Posted

Just wonder why they EJ a Base Coach and not a Manager for first infraction. :question1:

Gives a Manager a free pass to try to get away with it once.

The way it's worded, I'm not sure the base coach gets an EJ. I think it just means you can't have 2 coaches on the baselines after the 1st illegal bat infraction.

That is correct, you remove a coach from the bases so if you had two adults, now you have one. What I want to clarify is it the same coach for the rest of the game? In other words, is one coach restricted to the dugout or you just reduced and all the coaches are still in play. That's the way I read the rule, I will get back to you.

Posted

Just wonder why they EJ a Base Coach and not a Manager for first infraction. :question1:

Gives a Manager a free pass to try to get away with it once.

The way it's worded, I'm not sure the base coach gets an EJ. I think it just means you can't have 2 coaches on the baselines after the 1st illegal bat infraction.

That is correct, you remove a coach from the bases so if you had two adults, now you have one. What I want to clarify is it the same coach for the rest of the game? In other words, is one coach restricted to the dugout or you just reduced and all the coaches are still in play. That's the way I read the rule, I will get back to you.

The rule doens't say you remove "Sam". It says you reduce the adult base coach entitlement to one versus two.

That means you limit the number of adult base coaches allowed. It dosn't matter who. No one is restricted in the FED sense.

Why is this so hard? I suppose because of the restrict/eject thought process in other situations. Just read what is there.

Posted

Just wonder why they EJ a Base Coach and not a Manager for first infraction. :question1:

Gives a Manager a free pass to try to get away with it once.

The way it's worded, I'm not sure the base coach gets an EJ. I think it just means you can't have 2 coaches on the baselines after the 1st illegal bat infraction.

That is correct, you remove a coach from the bases so if you had two adults, now you have one. What I want to clarify is it the same coach for the rest of the game? In other words, is one coach restricted to the dugout or you just reduced and all the coaches are still in play. That's the way I read the rule, I will get back to you.

The rule doens't say you remove "Sam". It says you reduce the adult base coach entitlement to one versus two.

That means you limit the number of adult base coaches allowed. It dosn't matter who. No one is restricted in the FED sense.

Why is this so hard? I suppose because of the restrict/eject thought process in other situations. Just read what is there.

Rich:

I am not making it more difficult than it is. I am reading it the same way you are, I am just closing questions before it comes up in a game.


×
×
  • Create New...