New All-Star CPU30 Chest Protector

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4367 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Scares me because of the horrible experience with the tightness of the neck on the old allstar i had. It cut the SH*# out of my neck.

My buddy is trying to get me to go with the zero gravity from honigs.

I was also afraid of the puffyness. Im a small guy.

Scares me because of the horrible experience with the tightness of the neck on the old allstar i had. It cut the SH*# out of my neck.

My buddy is trying to get me to go with the zero gravity from honigs.

I was also afraid of the puffyness. Im a small guy.

Old All-Star? Plated All-Star?

Which CP are referring to? Exactly? A link or picture is best. THEN,...maybe myself or other guys can assist you better.

I'd wear a Champion hardshell before any softshell. You can get one for well under 50 bucks if cash is tight, or you can get into the mid-$100 range and look at hardshell offerings from Wilson or Douglas (or the newest All-Star if that's not the one you don't like). Kyle gives great advice, pro gear all the way.

Sorry, i had just posted a thread about the one I have and was talking like everyone knew. http://umpire-empire.com/index.php/topic/28785-allstar-cpu21-chest-protector/

Cpu21 its plated. http://www.buy.com/prod/all-star-cpu21-ump-armor-chest-protector/200048832.html#

I just dont like the tightness on the neck and it scares me away from plated cps.

You can't go wrong with the Wilson Platinum, Gold, the Douglas or the All-Star System 7. I have the All-Star and love it. I took a fouled off pitch to the chest, right over the sternum and didn't feel it at all. The collarbone protection is world class.

It is a bit tight in the neck but I have a large neck and it does not cut into my neck nor does it constrict me.

Here's what I wear:

http://www.ump-attir...Product_Count=0

I own a zero gravity from honigs, a gold, and the new 15 in allstar cpu4000. If the gold fits you then go with it but the all star provides great coverage and protection and it is my #1 rig. The zero gravity is much like the K1 but after wearing hardshell protectors I will never wear the zero gravity on anything higher than 12U, while others swear on it and wear it at the college level.

I own a zero gravity from honigs, a gold, and the new 15 in allstar cpu4000. If the gold fits you then go with it but the all star provides great coverage and protection and it is my #1 rig. The zero gravity is much like the K1 but after wearing hardshell protectors I will never wear the zero gravity on anything higher than 12U, while others swear on it and wear it at the college level.

I used to have the same view when I first got my Douglas - wear my Diamond iX3 for lower level games and the Douglas for the big boys where the real heat is. Then I took an uncaught pitch to the chest/shoulder in a 10U tournament and it hurt. It took that for me to realize that not only do I get hit a lot more in lower level ball, it can still sting and do serious damage. I sold the DIamond the next week to a softball umpire and have worn nothing but the Douglas ever since.

I agree. I have a new Douglas and it has become my #1 with my new All System 7 my #1A. I like the variety. The Douglas is more comfortable, but I like the ability to was the pads on the All-Star. Still trying to decide what to wear tomorrow night. I know one thing, I will be busting out my new Douglas shins for the first time.

Oh, let me now give my review of the CPU30, since someone dug up this thread: Good for PONY league or below. Not for varsity or above or adult ball.

If anyone wants to buy mine, I'll sell it pretty cheap, since I'm using a Douglas now. I didn't find the All-Star bulky at all, nor did I feel like the Michelin Man in it. fit nicely and all, just hurts when balls hit certain places at certain speeds. I was like, "WTF?"

Oh, let me now give my review of the CPU30, since someone dug up this thread: Good for PONY league or below. Not for varsity or above or adult ball.

If anyone wants to buy mine, I'll sell it pretty cheap, since I'm using a Douglas now. I didn't find the All-Star bulky at all, nor did I feel like the Michelin Man in it. fit nicely and all, just hurts when balls hit certain places at certain speeds. I was like, "WTF?"

PM sent

• 2 weeks later...

Just to give steve a little credit. I bought this from him with no problems. In case he has future transactions, i dont think you would have any problems from him. He even helped keep it covert from the wife!

Thanks Steve. I love it.