Need Advice: I Need Sunglasses

jkumpire
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3858 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I use Costa Del Mar RN11's and love them. Great in all lighting conditions and cut glare from the ground and other shiny surfaces very well. The lenses are designed to cut the glare off water when fishing and the technology translates well. I have used them in many games and wouldn't trade them for anything.

Very helpful - thank you! Studying the Oakley line is a big chore. The frames are one thing, the lens selection is a much larger issue. So, tell me what lens works best for you on the baseball/softball field!?

Very helpful - thank you! Studying the Oakley line is a big chore. The frames are one thing, the lens selection is a much larger issue. So, tell me what lens works best for you on the baseball/softball field!?
The G40 is excellent.
  • Like 1

I wear prescription glasses. Evening and overcast days I wear clear lenses with an anti-reflective coating. Bright sunny day games I have an Oakley C-wire with black iridium polarized with anti-reflective coating on the back. I can't say enough about AR lenses. Wouldn't wear any lens without it. The way it blocks reflection from lights is outstanding, and on the back of sunglasses it blocks reflections off the back surface.