The new and improved Umpire-Empire

Warren
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4835 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I don't know if its new, but the mobile layout is looking great on my phone.

Hi tjthresh,

Don't know if it's got anything to do with the new forum, but when I follow the link to your

'Gear list' at the bottom of your post I get a page that says that the forum will be open again on 1/1/11

Hi tjthresh,

Don't know if it's got anything to do with the new forum, but when I follow the link to your

'Gear list' at the bottom of your post I get a page that says that the forum will be open again on 1/1/11

Great point DutchRobbie. All links to the old site are no longer valid. I'm going to be setting up a redirect page shortly.

I went ahead and changed his signature link to the right location.

Warren,

Yep, that's more like it. But still: put that redirect page in place. I don't think you want to do this

link changing thing by hand for the whole site....biggrin.gif

btw: I like the new look, feel and functions of the site very much!

grtz, Rob.

Where is the RSS feed link for the forums?

The old site URL was here, but it does not work any more, understandably.

http://www.umpire-em...l.php?type=RSS2

I see the RSS links for content (articles, etc.) , but no link for Forums feed.

Thanks!

RSS fixed and enabled.

• 2 weeks later...

Where is the RSS feed link for the forums?

The old site URL was here, but it does not work any more, understandably.

http://www.umpire-em...l.php?type=RSS2

I see the RSS links for content (articles, etc.) , but no link for Forums feed.

Thanks!

RSS fixed and enabled.

Awesome! I know not a lot of people use RSS to read their news, but I live on it.

My iPad, Flipboard, and my phone all thank you. book1.gif

My boss wishes you would just die. AR15firing.gif

Attached the screen shot of how to access the RSS link in case anyone was wondering.

post-1587-0-88966700-1296148284_thumb.jp

One other suggestion. On the old site, I could sort posts by the "Stats" column. I used this feature to bring threads with the most posts to the top. I get that is what the new "Safe, strike" icons are for, but I can't seem to figure out how to bring the most useful historical threads all to the front page like I used to.

If not possible, no prob. but definitely useful.

Thanks!

One other suggestion. On the old site, I could sort posts by the "Stats" column. I used this feature to bring threads with the most posts to the top. I get that is what the new "Safe, strike" icons are for, but I can't seem to figure out how to bring the most useful historical threads all to the front page like I used to.

If not possible, no prob. but definitely useful.

Thanks!

I'll see if that's possible.

BTW I'm working on setting up an RSS for the reviews.

• 2 weeks later...