- 0
HBP
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 847 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question
MT73
NHFS rules
Pitch comes in—batter stays in box.
Pitch is coming at him and he raises his elbow to avoid being hit in the neck.
I award him first base.
Defensive coach argues that he raised his elbow and shouldn’t get the award.
I explain that in my judgement he did not allow the pitch to hit him but was a reflexive, defensive movement.
Coach is convinced that I’m wrong but accepts my ruling.
Unless there is an obvious attempt to get hit by the pitch I usually err on the side of the batter.
How would others here have reacted?
Top Posters For This Question
3
2
1
1
Popular Days
Jun 5
7
Top Posters For This Question
MT73 3 posts
concertman1971 2 posts
grayhawk 1 post
SeeingEyeDog 1 post
Popular Days
Jun 5 2024
7 posts
Popular Posts
MT73
NHFS rules Pitch comes in—batter stays in box. Pitch is coming at him and he raises his elbow to avoid being hit in the neck. I award him first base. Defensive coach argues that he
grayhawk
I'm bumping my fist on my hip.
SeeingEyeDog
[echoes fist on hip...] You textbooked this, @MT73. This is literally EXACTLY how you handle this call, brother! Call what you see and if asked, explain what you saw... EXPECT every defensiv
6 answers to this question
Recommended Posts