IFF possible, wait for INF to camp

Velho

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also... timing, timing, timing. Good reminder for us all to slow down and see the ball (and good to know even MLB gets this wrong sometimes).

2 minutes ago, Velho said:

Also... timing, timing, timing. Good reminder for us all to slow down and see the ball (and good to know even MLB gets this wrong sometimes).

Don't pop it up, you never know what you are going to get. 🙂

• Haha 1

of course the rule is to prevent the cheap double play and that is what we are thinking.

but, what about the guys on base or who will be left on base if you do miss the call.

Would you rather have that (normally 'not saying i have watched Rothvert's 40 dash speed' slow catcher on 2nd) and speed demon Diaz on first if you call infield fly, or would you rather have diaz on 2nd and Rothvert out and Arozarena on first if you do not call infield fly.

as a manager i would hope you did err and did not call IF on this play and let me have faster runners on both 2nd and 1st when behind by 2 runs. (yes, i know maybe diaz i think got injured on the play which could not be foreseen).

or, did they intentionally try to miscommunicate and hope the umps did not call IF to let the ball drop with one of those everybody is confused and hoping to get 2 tagouts, rather than force plays on any 2 runners. kinda doubt that scenario.