JV Doubleheader Last Night

834k3r

Issue 1:  Instead of being parallel with the edges of home plate, the batter's boxes were literally 5 to 10 degrees off. Groundskeeper came up to me (I had first plate) after the second inning and offered to re-chalk the boxes. Sure, go ahead and delay the game for another 15 minutes. I told him to re-chalk them between games. (please note sarcasm mechanic)

Issue 2:  HT asks for time for a courtesy runner for his catcher. Sure, coach. He gives me the number of the CR. Uh, coach, you can't use your starting F9 as your CR; it's got to be someone from your subs. HT coach's response:  "oh, right. I was thinking travel ball rules."

Issue 3:  Bases loaded. HT is in the field, F1 throws a wild pitch. F2 scampers to get the ball at the backstop, throws it to F1 who is late coming to the plate. R3 scores standing up just before the ball gets to F1. HT comes out and asks if I'm going to call R3 out. "Why?" "Because he has to slide; it's a dangerous play." "Coach, that's a travel ball rule." "Right."

Gotta love it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Travel ball has rules?

You can bat the whole line up.

Your courtesy runner can be any player who has not been in the game.

UNLESS you don't have anybody ... then you can use the last batted out.

UNLESS there isn't a last batted out ... then you use the player furthest from the pitcher and catcher ...

UNLESS you don't have one of those ... then you use the player whose birthday is furthest removed from the King's coronation date.

If you don't have one of those available ...

Yeah, coach.  You didn't even give me a line up card.  Do whatever you want.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Man in Blue said:

Yeah, coach.  You didn't even give me a line up card.  Do whatever you want.

The topper is when the other coach complains they’re breaking the rules

• Like 3