Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3126 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Does anyone know where I could send a frame to have it re-dipped?

I am working on a Larry Vanover ish Wilson frame as my backup. I want to keep the dip. After using my Mizuno, I have grown used to the dip. Call me old school. Oh well.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
3 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

There are some neat options out there... I just did a quick Google search and found some neat products.  Now, you have me thinking of trying it too! LOL

https://plastidip.com/our-products/super-grip/

This one looks very interesting.

I wouldn't trust plasti-dip to stay on a mask. I'd be willing to bet it will chip off rather quickly, especially if you get hit. 

Posted
19 minutes ago, Stk004 said:

I wouldn't trust plasti-dip to stay on a mask. I'd be willing to bet it will chip off rather quickly, especially if you get hit. 

I'm not familiar with the product.  I was just doing a quick search and trying to offer him some ideas. For $7, I'd be willing to give it a shot.

The product seems to be designed for tool handles... if it will stick to a tool handle being used under pressure, why wouldn't it stick to a mask only occasionally being hit by a baseball?  I have an old mask at home, I think I'll give it a shot here when it warms up in Ohio.  It's still too cold outside to be painting or letting things dry and my wife would kill me if I try it in the house.

But, I don't know... I may need several cans so price goes up. More research required. LOL


×
×
  • Create New...