Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3419 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Tonight I had the most ridiculous balk I'd ever had in my life.

F1 let's just say - thought very highly of himself. He strutted on and off the field. Gave any number of obnoxious facial expressions. When he struck out a batter he brushed off his shoulder. He's roll his eyes at my partner if he disagreed with a pitch call. Just an obnoxious prick. Through the game F1 kept blowing bubbles with his gum. 

Now we have runners on 2nd & 3rd. F1 (a righty) in the set position comes set and starts dicking around with the runners turning his head back and forth and giving them a wise-ass smile. Then while staring down R3 he starts blowing a bubble with his gum and then spits it out accidentally. The dufus then tries to catch his gum. And I come up from the C position with one of the biggest balk calls I think I'd ever done and forcibly pointed R3 home then R2 to 3rd.

Karma...

 

  • Like 11
Posted
11 minutes ago, Umpire in Chief said:

When he struck out a batter he brushed off his shoulder.

Did any thoughts of warning or EJ'ing for taunting cross your mind? I'd have been rolling it over and over...

Posted
39 minutes ago, Umpire in Chief said:

Tonight I had the most ridiculous balk I'd ever had in my life.

F1 let's just say - thought very highly of himself. He strutted on and off the field. Gave any number of obnoxious facial expressions. When he struck out a batter he brushed off his shoulder. He's roll his eyes at my partner if he disagreed with a pitch call. Just an obnoxious prick. Through the game F1 kept blowing bubbles with his gum. 

Now we have runners on 2nd & 3rd. F1 (a righty) in the set position comes set and starts dicking around with the runners turning his head back and forth and giving them a wise-ass smile. Then while staring down R3 he starts blowing a bubble with his gum and then spits it out accidentally. The dufus then tries to catch his gum. And I come up from the C position with one of the biggest balk calls I think I'd ever done and forcibly pointed R3 home then R2 to 3rd.

Karma...

 

OMG, it IS Karma!   I had this same (type) kid two weeks ago.... I had the chance to dump him and didn't.     ROFLMAO      YES!!!!  Thank you Warren for calling it.

Posted

Warren, the tough part would not be getting that balk. The tough part would be not letting everyone in the park know how much you enjoyed it

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Posted
14 hours ago, yoitsrc said:

What age bracket did this happen in?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
 

14/15 y/o

 

14 hours ago, ElkOil said:

Did any thoughts of warning or EJ'ing for taunting cross your mind? I'd have been rolling it over and over...

No, In my mind you have to cross the line from obnoxious to malicious.  

  • Like 1
Posted
16 hours ago, ElkOil said:

Did any thoughts of warning or EJ'ing for taunting cross your mind? I'd have been rolling it over and over...

@ElkOil, did I remember that you are/were a teacher or school administrator at one time?

×
×
  • Create New...