MLB Ejection 022 - Sam Holbrook (1; Kevin Gausman)

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2570 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

HP Umpire Sam Holbrook ejected Orioles pitcher Kevin Gausman (Throwing At Red Sox batter Xander Bogaerts) in the bottom of the 2nd inning of the Orioles-Red Sox game. With none out and none on, Bogaerts took a first-pitch slider from Gausman for a hit-by-pitch. Replays indicate the pitch was...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

4 hours ago, stkjock said:

Think this was a bad EJ, bad blood and all, one does not throw at a batter with a 78 mph curve ball.  

First of all, the Orioles broadcast gives me a headache. 

Second, I was surprised Sale didn't get tossed last night. Maybe he saved himself because of how low it was. But this Boston/Baltimore feud is getting ridiculous and the teams clearly aren't putting a stop to it. That curveball, even though it was a curveball, never got close to the plate. It hit Bogaerts in the backside, which means it had to start even further behind him. I'm okay with it, because intentionally throwing at people is on everybody's mind in that series. 

All over a slide that wasn't that bad. :no:

IMHO, one can see the thing never broke, it just went straight, poor execution on release.  Also look at F1s reaction, clearly it was, "aww SH*#, I F*#Ked up that one"  Quicly followed by WTF, I'm gone....?

I think Sam got a little carried away. I'm sure they pre-gamed all the bad blood between the two team and probably had a plan in place to handle it. when it happened he just jumped to conclusion instead of reading the situations. Bad night with game mangment, but we all have them.