Packet arrived

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2899 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine in the Mail today, And as of This Sunday 3/20//16 we are ONLY 75 DAYS away til week 1 begins on June 3RD. Tick Tock... Tick Tock... LOLOL Funny thing is it is the Official first day of Spring and here in NY were supposed to have a Spring Nor Easter and get anywhere from 5-8 of snow. I hope it stays WAY MORE out to sea and we receive a lot less than expected. Here's to hoping and Praying for A small Favor. Please NO SNOW!!!!

5 hours ago, Matt Hoey said:

Got mine in the Mail today, And as of This Sunday 3/20//16 we are ONLY 75 DAYS away til week 1 begins on June 3RD. Tick Tock... Tick Tock... LOLOL Funny thing is it is the Official first day of Spring and here in NY were supposed to have a Spring Nor Easter and get anywhere from 5-8 of snow. I hope it stays WAY MORE out to sea and we receive a lot less than expected. Here's to hoping and Praying for A small Favor. Please NO SNOW!!!!

Keep that filthy "s" word up there.  The grass on the field I was on last night was gorgeous..

@CarterCaplanTheUmp, I was told we need to have a form for each team/week that we're there.  At the top of the form is team name/team number and week attending. I fill out the form, leaving those spaces blank and then copy it and fill in the team info for each week that I'm there (4 weeks for me)

Six teams? That's six weeks on campus... eating cafeteria food... listening to the snoring... smelling the... air... taking showers that are on par with an outdoor firehose... sleeping in those torture racks they call bunks... 

Ahhhh... memories.

I've done the multiple-week thing, and I just use one form to cover all my teams. If anything, in that section, just write "See Attached" and list the required team info on the attached sheet: Team Name, City of Origin (or is it coach? I don't remember), Week # Attending, CDPTID#. Your Umpire Résumé is very necessary, especially if you're a first-timer, as they need to vett you for insurance and law enforcement. Best references are coaches, umpire assignors back home, crew chiefs, etc. Pastors, your workplace boss, guys like that also suffice. Your amount or prestige of umpiring experience is not important – your trustworthiness around kids and others is.

You'll then need to locate your CDPUID# and contact your teams, providing that number to them, so they in turn can put your name and CDPUID# on their final forms.