UE umpires

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3080 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

It is tough enough to be an umpire, I imagine it must be even tougher to be one of the few female baseball umpires. I believe you are joking but we need to support our brothers in blue, (or black), even when they are our sister in blue. Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure Ron was joking.  We even got him to smile during a "medical consultation",  He was up there with her for at least the first two weeks, maybe three.  Only once have I seen her upset, and it was with a coach that I had warned in the game prior to her having them, and the coach was awful.  Anywhere else and I would have probably sent him packing in the game I had him.

Edited by ZebraStripes
  • Like 2

@KenBAZ, yes @ronkraley is joking and the good thing is that I will come right back at Ron in the same manner.  :) However, I can appreciate your comment.

@ZebraStripes, upset might not be the right word... pissed was more like it.  That coach was ridiculous and if I'd encountered him here (anywhere but CDP), I would've dumped him without batting an eye!  

• Like 2

@KenBAZ, yes @ronkraley is joking and the good thing is that I will come right back at Ron in the same manner.  :) However, I can appreciate your comment.

@ZebraStripes, upset might not be the right word... pissed was more like it.  That coach was ridiculous and if I'd encountered him here (anywhere but CDP), I would've dumped him without batting an eye!  

I'd say so, but I was being nice.  You wouldn't even talk to us so I knew it had to be bad.  Anywhere but CDP and you wouldn't  have had a chance, I'd have dumped him and he'd have been out for that game to begin with.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

His name is Jay. If he's not wearing an umpire shirt, 100% chance he's wearing a Hawaiian shirt.

And, I just bought another one for a trip I shall be making to Florida ( to umpire ) next month as well as a trip to California I shall be making in November !!

• Like 1