Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4396 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Champro has come out with a second hardshell CP. The Pro-Plus Plate Armor. Similar to the Plus Pos and Champion CP's.  Says that it is made from 3mm thick plastic plates. I haven't found a price listing yet, but it looks like it could be in the under $100 price range.

 

 

 

CP33-CP335-CP34.jpg

Posted

Just bringing it to the attention of the people here! TFWIW!

Ok my bad, the name you posted is also of their old hardshell but that picture isn't their old one so your right thats new, my apologies I only had the name when I said it wasn't new.
Posted

I don't know why they would name it so close to their existing hard shell cp either, unless they intend on phasing the older one out. But your are correct about the close name.

Posted

I don't know why they would name it so close to their existing hard shell cp either, unless they intend on phasing the older one out. But your are correct about the close name.

The old one got some criticism for the size and placement of plates so this vary well could be a "2.0" of that one not a completly new model, I like it though I'll say that.
Posted

Yeah it does look like they have made improvements. looks like they narrowed most of the gapsbetween the plates and moved the clips from the front to the side hidden behind the plates.

Posted

That's actually a pretty good redesign. Nice shoulder cap protection, and a HUGE chest plate. I do like the buckles on the side, too. Never a fan of the T-hooks.

 

I don't like that the padding is riveted to the plates, as you can't really clean it that well. And that gap between the chest plate and the collarbone plates are always suspect ( l like a solid connection from the chest, over the shoulder, like the Platinum and System 7 have).

 

It's a competitor to the Champion P2xx, who, IMO, has the best protector under a $100 ( they're under $50 on eBay)

Posted

I would wait until it shows up on epicsports.com, as they have the best prices, hands down.

I will, although if its over $60 I probably will just continue to save up for a Douglas.
Posted

@Baltimore Umpire, go to www.champrosports.com call them and see who is currently selling this CP. Champros website shows 3 different model numbers, but don't list the sizes.  I would bet it comes in the same three lengths that the older model does.

Posted

Long after the money is spent, you never, ever, regret buying the best.

Yep thats true, Its a big expense though so I'm waiting a bit until I can get away with buying another CP. Only time I regreted buying the best was my wilson CP just too tiny.
Posted

I bought my Douglas earler this year, luckily just before the price went up, and I really like it. Wished I had gotten the 15" instead of the 13".

×
×
  • Create New...