Had best game of year so far

JaxRolo
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3718 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Last night we had a JV game last night. I had the bases.

Going into the bottom of the 10th it was 0-0

Home team had bases loaded. 3-2 count. 2 outs. Next pitch is a ball. Winning run scores.

I had a multitude of close calls on the bases. Didn't hear peep from anyone on any of the calls. Partner only missed 2 pitches in 10 innings that I could see.

On weekdays we have a 2 hour time limit for JV games. But we completed 10 innings in 1:55. :notworthy:  :givebeer:

Very good game with lots of good plays.

• Like 1

Good job. Wednesday I had a 4-3, 18 inning affair that was over in 4:45. Score was tied 3-3 after 4 and nobody wanted to score the winning run. Not sure if the players knew the object of the game. I had the plate and my neck has been rubbed raw from my chest protector. And, since we are both in our mid 50's, I want to brag that neither of us took a pee break. Not bad with our old bladders.

I want to brag that neither of us took a pee break. Not bad with our old bladders.

All the other sports have a half time just so the officials can use the facilities.  Don't know why baseball can't adopt that.

Maybe during an instant replay review?

• Like 1