Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4581 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

the issue isn't that they have too show the WILSON, as WILSON is the official supplier, they CAN'T show any other label. I would bet there is a system of fines in place if they do.

They can show any other logo they want. They aren't under contract with Wilson, MLB is. Heck tons of guys with the original Douglas West Vest show it off all the time with a plate coat and that most definitely isn't a Wilson. Lots of guys have the TW logo showing on their pads as well. 

Posted

 

the issue isn't that they have too show the WILSON, as WILSON is the official supplier, they CAN'T show any other label. I would bet there is a system of fines in place if they do.

They can show any other logo they want. They aren't under contract with Wilson, MLB is. Heck tons of guys with the original Douglas West Vest show it off all the time with a plate coat and that most definitely isn't a Wilson. Lots of guys have the TW logo showing on their pads as well. 

 

@Platejob29

 

At least they don't duct tape their Riddell Power like Vanover does

Posted

 

 

the issue isn't that they have too show the WILSON, as WILSON is the official supplier, they CAN'T show any other label. I would bet there is a system of fines in place if they do.

They can show any other logo they want. They aren't under contract with Wilson, MLB is. Heck tons of guys with the original Douglas West Vest show it off all the time with a plate coat and that most definitely isn't a Wilson. Lots of guys have the TW logo showing on their pads as well. 

 

@Platejob29

 

At least they don't duct tape their Riddell Power like Vanover does

 

 

I don't know about that, I think @Txump10 should do that to his Power since it should have been mine! :wave:

  • Like 2
Posted

I stand by my original statement, why would MLB umpires use duct tape to cover a logo, I have seen guys try to remove logo's and then slap on a big yellow W over what's left. I will look for some examples when I can.

Posted

I stand by my original statement, why would MLB umpires use duct tape to cover a logo, I have seen guys try to remove logo's and then slap on a big yellow W over what's left. I will look for some examples when I can.

I know for fact from talking to friends who are big leaguers they can wear whatever logos they want. The ones who do that with the W over the original logos do it because Wilson will pay them for wearing them. 

×
×
  • Create New...