Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4823 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

You can't equate baseball DP hockey, any more than you can football. Completely different sports.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Ahh see this is where we disagree.  Why is it ok in one sport and not another?  I think it is such a personal thing.  All depends on the umpire.  I mean I had a partner once not enjoy me using the word damn and hell when talking to him in general.  He would warm coaches for it as well.  Good old Southern Boy old school style I guess.

 

As long as the expletive is not AT me or followed with the word "YOU" I tend to let a lot go at HS level.  Who cares if a kid drops an F Bomb or looks like an idiot tossing a helmet cuz emotions got to him.  if not directed at me look as dumb as you want kid.  Enjoy the laps your coach will make you run.

Posted

With R1, BR hits a grounder to F4 who throws to F6 for the first out and then turns and throws to get BR out at first on a banger.  As you bang the out, BR slams his helmet into the ground.

 

What do you do?  Did he throw his helmet because he thought he was safe, or because he was mad at himself for hitting into the twin killing?

 

http://wapc.mlb.com/play?content_id=24325759

×
×
  • Create New...