Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4861 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm back to a HSM this season and I've been meaning to research the best throat guards for these helmets.  I saw a partner take a shot to the throat last year that damned well could've killed him and did screw up his voice for a couple of months.

 

Anyhow, I'm intrigued by the thought of adding a Vaughn 7800 pro hockey goalie guard to my helmet -- has anyone done this?  Does it work well (if you have)?

 

Here's a link to a picture:

 

http://www.goaliemonkey.com/vaughn-goalie-accessories-7800-lexan-throat-guard.html

 

 

Was going to just order one, but figured I'd get some feedback first.

  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Funny you mention this because I just purchased the Reebok one today from Hockeymonkey. If I remember correctly @semper_fi_72 uses the Reebok brand.

 

 

http://www.goaliemonkey.com/rbk-goalie-lexan-neckguard.html

100% Correct

I got mine from Hockey Giant which has a store semi close to me.

I love mine and it works great.

I mounted the front to the bottom of the cage and the sides to the straps on the side.

I don't even know it is there anymore and causes me no additional problems removing my HSM off during plays.

Posted

 

Funny you mention this because I just purchased the Reebok one today from Hockeymonkey. If I remember correctly @semper_fi_72 uses the Reebok brand.

 

 

http://www.goaliemonkey.com/rbk-goalie-lexan-neckguard.html

100% Correct

I got mine from Hockey Giant which has a store semi close to me.

I love mine and it works great.

I mounted the front to the bottom of the cage and the sides to the straps on the side.

I don't even know it is there anymore and causes me no additional problems removing my HSM off during plays.

 

 

Can you post a pic, Lou?

  • Like 1
Posted

I ordered a Vaughn 7800 pro clear guard this morning.  We'll see how it works.  I wasn't all that fond of the look of the Reebok, to be honest, although I appreciate the feedback as it convinced me to order *something*.

Posted

I ordered a Vaughn 7800 pro clear guard this morning.  We'll see how it works.  I wasn't all that fond of the look of the Reebok, to be honest, although I appreciate the feedback as it convinced me to order *something*.

Rich

Looking at the pic it may be bigger than my Reebok.

If it is, you may have trouble with it being to big.

If my Reebok was any bigger, it wouldn't work for me.

Let us know how it works out.

 

Glad to hear your adding it.

The life you save may be your own.  :hi5::beerbang

Posted

Should I be worried you have faster access to my pics then I do?  :question1:

 

 

just a good memory....plus i was thinking about putting this on my HSM so i looked at that thread recently...i work right near a big hockey store (in fact im about a stones throw from it now) so im sure i could get one if needed

Posted

 

I ordered a Vaughn 7800 pro clear guard this morning.  We'll see how it works.  I wasn't all that fond of the look of the Reebok, to be honest, although I appreciate the feedback as it convinced me to order *something*.

Rich

Looking at the pic it may be bigger than my Reebok.

If it is, you may have trouble with it being to big.

If my Reebok was any bigger, it wouldn't work for me.

Let us know how it works out.

 

Glad to hear your adding it.

The life you save may be your own.  :hi5::beerbang

 

 

If it's too big, I'll return it for the Reebok.

×
×
  • Create New...