Jump to content
  • 0

Photographer ejection


Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4915 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

Posted

My partner made a good call at third base.

The third baseman tagged the runner with his glove but the ball was in his hand. Safe!

A home team photographer mocked my partner with his digital photo evidence that my partner was wrong. My partner was already dealing with a head coach arguing the call. The assistant coach was standing on the first base line shouting at my partner to get help. Basically, it was like the circus had come to town. I told the assistant coach to get in his dugout. I then banished the photographer to "somewhere where I can not see you or hear you." He followed us to our car after the game to let us know he was a good guy and he just wanted us to know he had a "replay" for us to look at. Actually he was a prick to was mocking my field umpire and he bad to go. - have you ever had to dump a p.a. Announcer or a photo guy?

  • Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Posted

Not in baseball. I had a wrestling coach that insisted he was taking a tape for review to the tournament director. I had a conversation, sent him off the floor. He came back later and it started all over again. I told him if he gave it to me I was throwing it in the trash in front of him. I also told him to take it home and the next time he was having a good day, to watch it so it pissed him off all over again. In baseball and other sports I have simply had to say, don't care, can't use it. 

  • 0
Posted

I have run them off the field but never had to actually dump one.  Although I'm sure this might become a more frequent occurence with replay being so popular, they are going to believe we should all participate in their hobby.

 

This would be the primary reason I won't let any of them on the field or in the dugout unless their part of a pre arranged program where they are vendors or something and there is a clearly defined dead ball area for them.

  • 0
Posted

I had one show up in the middle of one of the early innings and just walk on the field.  She was hot, I didnt want her to leave.  So I walked over and told her she couldnt be in the field of play and she was going to have get behind the fence.  She was mad, because she was late to begin with, and then started screaming.  The AD walked over and I explained it to him and he had her get off the field. She took pics from behind the fence. Needless to say, I wasnt in the yearbook that year.   

  • 0
Posted

Certain tournaments (Triple Crown) contracts with a company and gives outright permission for only those photographers to be on the field.... They do a great job is staying beyond 1B/3B and as close to the fence as possible.....

 

There do you think I got my PIC from??  :wave:


×
×
  • Create New...