Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5108 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

There is a long discussion on this topic if you check the search option for the forum. To answer your question you cannot go wrong with either chest protector, especially in terms of protection.

Posted

I had a Gold and sold it for the All-Star. The Gold has thicker padding and I've had shots off of it that I heard but barely felt or didn't feel at all. But it didn't protect my lowest rib. And with the stock harness, it slid down a bit. The All-Star is longer and protects my ribs and upper abdomen far better, but the padding isn't quite as thick or soft. Note: you will NOT be hurt, it's just that you'll feel a slight bit of pressure instead of the "oh, was I hit?" of the WV Gold. And the All-Star can be a bit tight around the neck for some people, but I find it perfectly fine in that regards. And it will NOT slide down under any circumstance. To the contrary, the pre-curved shoulders mean you don't have to tighten up the harness quite as much. I can wear it looser, which combined with the center air channel makes for a considerably cooler wearing experience during hot weather.

Posted

I have one in. My rotation. Once you get it adjusted, its great


×
×
  • Create New...